Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Rising Rate Fpr Install?

Old 04-03-2005 | 09:30 PM

so what do you have to do to connect a RRFPR to the stock fuel rail. where can I get a fitting to replace the stock fpr or do I have to make one? any dyi's or pics would help

thanks in advance
SuPaDuPa
Old 04-03-2005 | 10:20 PM

you will need an adaptor to go on your fuel rail. I thikn Dweet can make you one.
Old 04-04-2005 | 07:04 AM

Yeah you will need an adapter that goes on the end of the fuel rail as well as preferably stainless hose to replace the return like with as well as for in between the fuel rail and the RRFPR. Between the fuel rail and the RRFPR you will need to have fitted ends as it is high pressure in there and a clamp could easily blow off. As for the return line there should not be a pressure build up so you should probably do a fitting on the RRFPR and then a clamp on the other end. his is the way mine is setup but I have a FPR not a RRFPR.
Old 04-04-2005 | 09:10 AM

ok thand sounds half easy.....my friend gave me a fpr from an accent are the flanges the same?. so I just have to cut the fpr off the flange and weld a JIC fitting to the flange and bolt in on the fuel rail or is there more to it?
Old 04-04-2005 | 09:19 AM

I am not sure if the flanges are the same. I would imagine that the FPR that is in an Accent since it is a 1.5l I believe would probably have a lower PSI rate and return flow. I'm not 100% sure on that. If you were to use an aftermarket FPR or RRFPR you would be able to set what you want the base pressure to be. In the stock units it is preconfigured and not changeable. So if the Accent FPR had a lower PSI setting there would be no way to change it.
Old 04-04-2005 | 12:57 PM

I dont want to use the accent regulator just the flange......cut the regulator off the flange and weld a fitting on.....just wanted to know if the flange is the same at the end of the fuel rail. I have a mallory rising rate fuel pressure regulator.
Old 04-04-2005 | 01:47 PM

Well if you have a regulator you will be replacing the stock one with you could either:

1. Cut the fitting off of the stock regulator
2. Unbolt the stock regulator then bolt up the Accent one. If it fits then cut the flange off.
3. Pay for shipping and you can have my stock FPR and you can cut the flange off of it.