Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

retrunless to return"full" =P

Old 06-10-2002 | 01:07 AM

Vehicle: 1997 accent L

Thats why this is still a theory. I still believe that the 1.6L DOHC and the 1.5L DOHC heads are basically the same, at least at the manifold bolts, so I could swap out my stock manifold for an old accent GT's. I think i'm going to ask the dealer to see the IM gaskets for the 1.6 and the 1.5 to see if they match next time i'm in...

Also gotta figure out a way to run the idle control motor and stuff if I do that though... hmm... This is going to piss me off.
Old 06-10-2002 | 09:12 AM

Ok, i think i have it almost figured out (with the help of shadohh).

Get the return line from the 1.5L, as well as the rail. Replace the stock fuel pump with a normal constant voltage pump (mine will most likely be a walbro 250L/hr pump). Run the pump a constant voltage line, like from an empty spot in the fuse box, or anywhere you can get a constant 12v. The ecu's reference line to it just checks to make sure its on and working, so this can be the OEM line. Tee into the brake booster's vacuum line for the manifold pressure reference for the fuel pressure regulator. Run the return like back to the tank. voila, returnless system.

The only thing i dont know what to do with is the stock fuel pump's voltage line, as it varies current. Maybe there is an aftermarket piece that could utilize the changing voltage, or even simply disconnect the line from the ecu and say fuggit.
Old 07-17-2002 | 09:34 AM

skierd - have you done this mod yet or not?? I need to try and do this since I just installed my turbo.
Old 07-17-2002 | 10:55 AM

Umm, i figured its gonna be cheaper in the long run to run some sort of standalone ecm/a system of piggybacks controlling a set of larger injectors. The car will run better, have more power, and be tuned better with these as compared with the return fuel system

I'm thinking about the SMT-5 piggyback computer available from SCCA Elantra off these forums. Info is available at www.perfectpower.com
Old 07-18-2002 | 09:12 AM

I saw the web page, and have been thinking about doing the same thing, but could not find out any prices. That's what I need so I can start buttering up the ole lady ( you married guys know how it goes )

Edit: Duhhhhhhhhhhhh, it kinda helps when you plug your brain in doesn't it? I looked at the page and found the *Price List*.