Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Resonator Removal

Old 01-26-2008, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

TB = Throttle Body. It is where your throttle cable attaches to. When you press the peddle or push the pulley it turns the butterfly valve allowing air into the engine.

MAF = Mass Airflow Sensor. It is a black short tube in the line from engine to the air filter box. It usually has a blue arrow pointing in the direction of airflow on our cars.

Neither are shown in the picture.

In this picture the MAF is the black tube the CAI goes into(blue pipe). Then there is a rubber elbow piece, and the Throttle body just before the silver/grey IM (intake manifold).

Where my blue pipe starts you will have the airbox with the filter in it. and that will be all.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:20 PM

wow thanks for the help, you have done more then i could have expected anyone to help.

the thing that confuses me now is you say it goes TB, hose MAF, then air box. From my understanding is that the resonator and air duct that are going to be removed are at the front of the car, near the battery. is that correct?

on the engine bay picture, i the MAF you are referring to is the black tube that appears to have a bluish label on it, then the elbow joint, and the TB is the off color dark grey before the larger lighter grey box? (can you clarify what the lighter colored grey box is?)
Old 01-26-2008, 11:44 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

Sorry about that I went out for some food

Yes the MAF is the black with blue label on it. The throttle body is the darker gray thing, it will have a pulley on the back side of it. The lighter grey rectangle which it is attached to is the intake manifold. It is what feeds the air into each cylinder.

You are correct that everything that needs to be removed is at the front by the battery. If i remember correctly pretty much anything beside the battery and forward thats attached to the intake goes. The airbox ends just before the battery I think. It's been a while since I have seen it stock.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:29 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I'm sorry, I don't care how new you are, I'm closing this.

1. SEARCH.

2. READ. The DIY thread has all of these questions and more.

3. Your friend with the Mitsubishi is a moron.

4. My milage went UP, and has gone UP with almost every mod I've done. Our cars run RICH from stock, and choke on the lack of air, more air, more efficiency. Hell, I'm STILL running rich. Many folks have reported BETTER milage, it's the LEAD FOOT SYNDROME you get after modding that makes it get worse.

If you honestly can't understand a DIY as simple as this, with instructions as SIMPLE AS THIS, you should sell your car and get a GM.