Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Replacement Radiator Fans

Old 02-17-2002, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Random,

Is this the one I should order?

Web page for fan The FLX-220 one.

Thanks

[ February 17, 2002: Message edited by: CyberGreg ]
Old 02-17-2002, 03:02 PM

Random if your using Thermo wrap to cover the manifold should this be good enough and not needing a fan?
Also an OEM should still do the trick in order to cool down the Turbo because i dont have A/C and this would be an inexpensive mod to do because spending about $180 and higher for a fan is a little out of my price range
The OEM should work fine
Old 02-18-2002, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

CyberGreg-
That is the right one. You can also get it in RED, BLUE or YELLOW.

2-Uniq
If you are concered about the budget Install an AC condensor fan (it's smaller and thinner than the stock Cooling fan).

For either fan(s) wire up the left side fan to run anytime the ignition is on. Just mount a switch somewhere to shut if off for those times when you don't want it on.
Old 07-09-2002, 05:05 AM

Vehicle: Ex Hyundai Owner

Ok Tony you talked me into it, plus I do like them anyways, difference as far as rpms is so huge it's worth it with my turbo and manifold...

The 210 is a waste of money. Their *adjustable thermostat* is junk. Get the 220. It is the exact same fan minus the thermostat, and is thusly cheaper.
I will go with the 220, it's $193.95 and has to be ordered over the phone not online, anyone have any coupons to offer... lol
Old 07-09-2002, 05:14 AM

he he he

he almost has me convinced

Freakin bastard
tongue.gif
Old 07-10-2002, 01:18 PM

Would replacement fans for non-turbo'd engines result in some better performance as well? i mean it wouldnt be directly toward anything but it would provide cooler air right?
Old 07-10-2002, 01:20 PM

Nah, it would just mean the fan would go off sooner, because it is more effective in cooling , so it will not stay on as long as the stocky.

I suppose they would be nicer to have in the summer heat.

::shrugs::
Cooling your engine is not always a good thing, is needs maintain a certain operating temperature range.
Old 07-10-2002, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

9o7TiB7o9-

There is no advantage to this mod for N/A Tibbies. The stock thermostat is going to keep the coolant temp as close to 180 degrees as possible. @ 205 degrees coolant temp, the ECU kicks on the *big* fan (drivers side). It keeps it on until 192. The *small* (passengerside) fan only comes on when you turn the AC on. Your coolant could be 220 degrees, and the ECU will ONLY run the *big* fan. If you ever notice your car getting hot, and you are not moving very fast (under 30 mph), turn the AC ON. This will kick on the second fan and help cool things down. If you're going faster thatn 30 MPH, then you are already flowing more air than the stock *small* fan can flow, so turning on the AC is only going to *pre-heat* the air flowing through the radiator, and limit cooling.

I've done various different experiments with my fans, stock and FAL units. Keeping the *small* or passenger side fan running anytime the engine is on, seems to keep the coolant temps with the turbo more or less happy. When I had BOTH fans set to come on at the request of the ECU, the fans cooled the radiator coolant so fast, they would shut off after less than 60 seconds. Then the themostat would open, and they would kick back on again..and this cycle would repeat about every 60 seconds in slow moving (30 MPH or under) traffic. Once I rigged the Small fan to be on all the time, it operates the *big* fan more or less normally in terms of how often the big fan comes on, and how long it stays on compared to a N/A tibby. Extended boost driving makes it come on sooner, if I *granny shift* it never comes on.

I want to get a lower temp thermostat to cool things off a tad better, but those are only available in Korea. I've got Shark Racing searching for low temp units now.

Stock Thermostats are 180. I'm hoping for a 160.

No...removing your thermostat is NOT an option. The coolant moves around too fast to pick up heat off the engine, and also allows localized hotspotting. Trust me, do NOT remove the thermostat.
Old 07-12-2002, 08:09 AM

please explain this *coolant crap*
tongue.gif
seriously though... what is it?

If you dont have a turbo or supercharger then you really dont need this