Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Remote Start?

Old 10-07-2001, 02:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as the remote start goes after it does start it self you would just shut it down by the button for your remote start on your transmitter and all will be fine from there.
Old 10-07-2001, 03:00 AM

Tunez,
I have a DEI Viper550hf with remote start this model comes with nothing to stop it from starting while in gear so I made my own. What I did is got a mercury switch and put it at the bottom of my shifter with a ground contact in the middle if I do leave my car in gear it will touch the other end of the mercury switch and ground out the remote start and will not start at all this prevents it from driving away on me at 6 am lol. Random said I should patent it but it would cost me more to do that than I would make I'm sure. But in answer to your question I did do something to protect it from driving away.
Old 10-07-2001, 10:52 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Accent

The Auto wouldn't be prone to this problem though would it?

Well I guess if you shut off your car, then used the shift override to shift it back into drive or something, then remote started it, then maybe it could happen

But then for some odd reason I don't think that would happen.

In other words though, properly installed I should have no problems, correct? I guess the only thing that I'm afraid of now is what you mentioned about the car starting by itself?
Old 10-07-2001, 01:47 PM

i have remote start on my manual tiburon it does nothing bad to my engine ive had it for about 6 months and had NO problems whatsoever i love it any questions just talk to me peace
Old 10-07-2001, 02:21 PM

With an auto you would have no worries about leaving it in gear because uless it's in park you won't be able to get your keys out thus you would know it's in gear. As far as the battery disconnect goes no matter auto or manual it will start on it's own when disconnected from power in any form. I've had my 550esp for 3 years now and no problems what so ever and in case your wondering Dei still seels this alarm and that to me says something if an electronics manufatuer keeps the same product on the line for more than a year that to me proves it's reliabilty.
Old 10-07-2001, 03:43 PM

I got remote start and keyless entry both on my car. It was options with my alarm which is a viper alarm. I have not had any problems with it. It comes very handy here in ohio when it hits winter time and everybody else has to go out into the car, start it up, and turn on the heat and all i have to do is hit a button. I figured it would be safer to have remote start instead of having to leave your keys in the car while it is warming up. Since mine is built into my alarm along with my keyless entry my doors stay locked when my alarm is on and the car will continulously run and if my alarm is not on or if my alarm is set off while using remote start on my car it will only run for a few secs then shut off for safety precautions.
Old 10-07-2001, 11:17 PM

I thought that companies couldn't/wouldn't install a remote start on a 5-speed because of liability issues (ie. the person had in it 1st gear or something and the car hops away).. I've heard this a few times but not from actual install places. So, I can go to Best Buy or someplace and get one installed no questions?
Old 10-08-2001, 01:47 AM

Nope it is illegal to have it installed on a standard in all 50 states for the same reason you mentioned if you get them to hook up all the wires except for one you can finish the install yourself. There is a rely pack for remote start if they hook up all of these wire for you except for the neutral safety switch wire you will be able to finish it off by taking that wire and going to the top of the clutch where you will find one wire you take the neatral safety switch wire and tap in. I am going to correct my self it is illegal unless you have an alarm that has specifical built in safety features for a standard the only company I now of is Clifford that does this but their not the greatest of quility Cicuit City pulled them off their line for a reason.