Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

RED RANDOM CHEUK. Boring the IM AND TB.. ANd the fuel system return Warning slow

Old 06-13-2002, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RED RANDOM CHEUK. Boring the IM AND TB.. ANd the fuel system return Warning slow

READ VERY CAREFULLY.
2003 GT V6.

OK well. Theres been alot of talk about broing this and boring that. In fact I was going to get a price on it Friday.

I got home today and it was so nice I wanted to play with my car.

SO I grabed the camera and tore off the TB and studied the fuel system..

SO MANY RUMORS COULD BE STOPED IF PEOPLE JUST LOOKED..

First I want to thank my wife for letting me do this with greesy hands.

For one The fuel system is a return system.. How do I know you ask. Unless the fuel goes to the sky there are two lines comming to the Fuel rails..

Observer (when they finaly load) if you look at the fuel rails on the passenger side have a small pipe that connects them. IF you look at the drivers side there are TWO connections. one goes straight into the front Rail and the other rail has a regulator on it. As well as a vacum hose that connects to the IM.

OK you can see the regualtor (albiet not the hose) In the second picture to the left.

Now for the big deal.. By the looks of it. Boring the TB is not going to be worth it. Its already good size (considering) but I think Aftermarket is the only way to go.
We all know the bottle neck shape it has. and there is not much metal to actually bore. I could be wrong. SO if THEY GUYS WHO KNOW say its a go Ill bore it. You might get 1 to 2 mm for a total adding of 4 but is 4mm worth 300 to 400 hundred bucks (including the IM)

It also seems to a have a dual pressure sensor. (map maby) one side is open to the Intake and the other open after the butterfly

Now the IM is a different story. It even has a 2-3mm lip that can go and more into the body itself..

So for now the limitation is the TB

The crap you see is from the crank case breathing into the tube (just like stock)

To wit the IM also gets damn hot. but there is defiantly space with the bolts to add a spacer up to about 4 maby 5mm

I know this is long but the info is not out there for people to look at. Have fun..

AND oh Yea.

DAMMINT SOMEONE BUILD AN AFTERMARKET BBTB
Old 06-13-2002, 09:56 AM

what are u asking in this post?
Old 06-13-2002, 10:02 AM

IF its a go. Besides all that is posted need not be a question.
No one has actually taken off the TB and looked at it. There has been talk about sending it to onpol but if he gets it and says Nope. Why bother.

As for the fuel system. Alot has been said how it can't be Zex because of the fuel sytem not having a retun. Well it does.. SO if some brave soul wants to throw a 65 shot. It "SHOULD" Work.
Old 06-13-2002, 11:23 AM

nevermind, i thougth we were talking about 1st and 2nd gen.

btw, don't let your wife know you posted that.
Old 06-13-2002, 11:49 AM

Dude is that your wifes right breast?

eek!
Old 06-13-2002, 12:08 PM

tongue.gif
Old 06-13-2002, 12:22 PM

UMMM TB guys..
OR the boob goes.
Old 06-13-2002, 03:15 PM

Now why did ya only go and grab one ?? If it were me, I would have gone for both. Oh wait, I already did that.

PICTURE REMOVED IN FEAR OF LIFE sad.gif

I hope she don't kill me for this either
Old 06-13-2002, 06:39 PM

you guys are just strange...

okay..strange, next you will be installing a turbo anfd shaving her pubic hair at the same time.
Old 06-13-2002, 10:21 PM

Shadohh:
you guys are just strange...

okay..strange, next you will be installing a turbo anfd shaving her pubic hair at the same time.
LMAO