Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Re-mapped ECU

Old 11-23-2001, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-mapped ECU

Does anyone know where I could get ahold of an aggressively programmed ECU for a 2.0 2K Tib? I haven't seen any, don't know if they even exist...Thanks
Old 11-24-2001, 12:56 AM

That is some childish ****. If you aren't going to answer the question, let it go.
Old 11-24-2001, 01:36 AM

Remapped ECUs are not in common production for the US-spec Beta engines.
Old 11-24-2001, 02:40 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

As far as the remapped ECU goes...what are you looking to get from it? Are you planning on running boost? Or do you just want something small done like taking the speed governor out and raising the red line a little?

There's a few people on the boards that were able to get their ECU's remapped to the Korean Turbulence ECU. But it really doesn't do a whole lot. As far as where they got it done..not sure. Some had friends at dealers do it, and others had their ECU's shipped out to places.

If you plan on running boost, then you might want to think about getting a Haltec or Motec ECU down the road. They'll run you some serious bucks...but they're needed if you really want high boost. Some people who have turbo applications, have just piggy back ECU's on their stock ones like Random.

There's alot more info that I'm not sure about so your best bet is to ask either Red or Random. wink.gif
Old 11-26-2001, 01:43 AM
Red

**flame war mode: off**

The only problem with an "upgraded" ECU is that the programming is done from a very far distance. You call up the company, let them know what mods you have, and they guess at what kind of new ECU tuning you can use.

The only problem? What if they do not guess right? If you can tune the ECU specifically ON your car, then it makes a large difference. But if you are having someone guess about it -- they really can only get so lucky smile.gif

PowerChip Australia is who did mine, and I'm actually selling it to replace it with a Haltech system. They do a lot of ECU work, and would likely be happy to do one for you.

-Red-
Old 11-26-2001, 04:11 AM

Vehicle: 1997 accent L

CAPA sells an ecu with their twin throtle setup for DOHC accents. Not sure if they do beta ecu's...
Old 11-26-2001, 04:34 AM
Red

Very true.

Apexi's S-AFC is a piggyback module which allows you to adjust fuel delivery +/- 50% across eight user-selectable RPM points in two different TPS-based maps. I was able to pull another 5WHP with just the S-AFC getting the fuel tuned correctly.

Just as Mario explained, a piggyback is a better alternative because you can retune it whenever and however you need. A single burned ECU is completely set, and is un-programmable by you -- typically it must be sent back to the manufacturer to be reprogrammed for changes that you've made to the car.

Another Apexi piggyback component is the S-ITC, an ignition timing controller that allows you to adjust spark timing +/- 20 degrees across five RPM points on two different TPS-based maps.

Total cost of both is probably around $550 give or take, and you'll need to find a dyno to properly tune them.

-Red-
Old 11-26-2001, 04:42 AM

Anyone know the approx time its take to dyno an S-AFC? Just asking cause one shop here wants to charge $125/hr. eek.gif
Old 11-26-2001, 04:52 AM
Red

Just depends on the shop... The shop out here wanted $80/hr, and the shop in Denton TX that I went to eons ago wanted $100/hr.

-Red-