Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Random: would this be stupid?

Old 05-15-2002 | 01:57 PM

Well, what exactly does this evap canister do..?
Obviously it does something.. But would it mean trouble for the car if this was taken out at all.. If it is just a hassle to take it out and will not affect the car in a bad way, I would rather do that.. You'll most likely get much cooler air where that evap can is than just by the engine bay fan..
Has anyone ever done this..?
EDIT:
Sorry, I found the post I was looking for in the search..
But, I was wanting to know if this will damage the engine at all if this is just taken out..
Old 05-15-2002 | 07:50 PM

I HAVE THE SOLUTION FOR YOU GUYS:
You can trim the metal part next to the tibb's radiator and lead the hose to the front of the radiator instead of leading it to the foglight...That's what i did to my old tib.So you have perfect cold air and not another bend like the RS cai..
This custom job is done to all(i mean all)tibs that are turbocharged.They do this in order to pass the hose from the TB to the intercooler.

So this what you'll do
1)Connect your tube from the TB and lead it not under the battery tray but straight.You'll see there is a small gap between the radiator and the left part of the tib...
2)Attach your air filter to the tubre and fit it somehow there with a clamp.
3)If you are afraid of water you can fit underneath a big piece of plastic for extra protection...

Finally i can tell you that in this way you also have the RAMAIR effect....
Old 05-15-2002 | 08:46 PM

Vehicle: Lancer Evo IX

Dude you forgot to tell him to fit and mount the half of the old airbox in there to make a scoop to get the max positive pressure...
Old 05-16-2002 | 10:21 AM

FIATCOUPEPAPAR:
I HAVE THE SOLUTION FOR YOU GUYS:
You can trim the metal part next to the tibb's radiator and lead the hose to the front of the radiator instead of leading it to the foglight...
So this what you'll do
You'll see there is a small gap between the radiator and the left part of the tib...
2)Attach your air filter to the tubre and fit it somehow there with a clamp.
Just wondering what metal part you are talking about next to the radiator to trim.. Last time I looked I thought I saw plastic down there. Maybe I'll take a better look..
Also, I thought that the rad created heat, would this be a bad spt to put this in front of..?
If you could post a pic that would be great..
Old 05-17-2002 | 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

EVAP can is for emissions. If you could figure out how to disconnect it, your car would probably run about the same. Better just to find another spot for it and redo the hoses though.