Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Random Tb question?

Old 07-26-2001 | 01:40 PM

Default Random Tb question?

Just curious how much whp will the shark racing tb give me if you don't now for sure a guess would be good and also would I see big performance gains I want to get one soon but would like to know what I'm getting into first. Thanks
Old 07-26-2001 | 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

To the best of my knowledge, no one has dyno'ed just the Bored TB.

On Bradley's Elantra, with a BTB and BIM, it showed 3.5 HP and 3.2 Torque to the wheels. However, that was with a filter strapped to the MAF, not a CAI. I would expect slightly higher numbers out of a CAI equipped car, but not more than 5 and 5.
Old 07-27-2001 | 12:05 AM

So guessing I will get the btb and I have a KORE cai intake I will probably see about 3 and 3? Now what about throttle response will I still bo down when starting in first or will that go away, and will the car have much more pepe and snap when I hit the throttle? Sorry for all the questions but I would like to now what to expect instead of expecting to much and getting dissapointed. Thanks again
Old 07-27-2001 | 12:50 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

You should feel much better throttle response, and much better passing power without downshifing.

It really FEELS like it makes more of a difference, but the dyno doesn't lie.

The only thing I can think of, is that there are gains, but they are not "peak" gains. So in other words, they could add say 10 Ft. Lbs (just an example) at 3000 rpm, but only add 3 ft. lbs at the torque peak, so we think it only adds 3 Ft Lbs...

I'll have to try to overlay the stock dyno and the BTB/BIM dyno to see if that is true.

[ July 27, 2001: Message edited by: Random ]