Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Random quick question!!

Old 12-22-2001 | 04:13 AM

Default Random quick question!!

Random!!
I was just wonder if you know which oil cooler kit would you recommend for the Tiburon.I was thinking this would help out with my Turbo.
I dont know much about oil cooler kits but i believe it hooks up to where your oil filter goes.
Would i have to get a complete kit for the install.B&M makes a cooler kit for Hondas and was wondering if this would bolt up to the Tiburon.
Finally what are the advantages and disadvantages into using coolers.
Let me know Thank you, ROB!!!
Old 12-22-2001 | 04:37 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

If you get an oil cooler, you should also get an oil temp gauge.

The only down side to an oil cooler is that if you get a unit that is too big, you can over cool the oil. Your oil should be about the same temp as the coolant. If it gets too cold, it is too thick to lubricate properly (under 180 degrees F)

Also...oil coolers and oil lines can leak, just like radiatars and coolant hoses, so they require some attention/maintenance.

The "easiest" kit is the Perma-cool kit. It replaces your oil filter with oil lines...then you mount you oil cooler somewhere, then put mount the filter somewhere. It allows you to relocate oil filter if you desire, or there is a kit that keeps the filter in the same place.

I don't know of any Hyundai specific oil cooler kits, but I have not really been looking for them either. I plan on looking now, and I'll let you know what I find.
Old 12-22-2001 | 06:15 AM

Thanks Random!!
Let me know what you come up with when you get the cooler.I defently want one for my Tibby