Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Random: Best wires/plugs

Old 06-11-2002 | 01:25 AM
BV1

Default Random: Best wires/plugs

I did a search, I found your not a big fan of NOLOGY or capacitor type wires. What plugs/wires do you reccomend? Have you ever seen dynos that support claims a wire manufacturer makes?

Thanks,
-Steve
Old 06-11-2002 | 01:30 AM

Magnecor makes a nice wire, but i'm not sure i can really answer that (not like you asked me anyway) cause i'm new to imports...
Old 06-11-2002 | 01:32 AM
BV1

yeah I have been checking out magnecor as well, they seem to be a better wire in general, no outrageous claims...

-Steve
Old 06-11-2002 | 03:21 AM

what about sparkco???
They are based in canada,... i have their wires,... no compaints

i think they are 9MM
Old 06-11-2002 | 03:53 AM

Vehicle: 00 Tib

Just to throw in my advise...I bought Platinum plugs thinking it would help me out because I am using Nitrious...I was wrong they were awsome at first I could really tell the difference and then it totally screwed my engine up when I slam on the gas the car would just sit there and sputter took plugs out and they were charcoll...just my advise...
Old 06-11-2002 | 04:06 AM

veilsidetib00:
Just to throw in my advise...I bought Platinum plugs thinking it would help me out because I am using Nitrious...I was wrong they were awsome at first I could really tell the difference and then it totally screwed my engine up when I slam on the gas the car would just sit there and sputter took plugs out and they were charcoll...just my advise...
i hope you weren't using normal temp range plugs with nitrous. they make plugs designed to work in different operating temp brackets for different applications. i'm pretty sure that with nitrous you should be using something other than stock-ranged plugs.
Old 06-11-2002 | 06:23 AM
Red

The Magnacore KV85's come very highly recommended from quite a few folks on the forums... All the forced induction tibbies I know of (Random, Onpol, Chris H, etc) all use them with great success.

Just like you saw on their website, they don't claim anything fancy. But they don't need to; they work smile.gif
Old 06-11-2002 | 06:30 AM
BV1

KV85's eh? Alright, thanks Red smile.gif

-Steve
Old 06-11-2002 | 06:49 AM
Red

Yeah, they're like $80 a set for the Tiburon. I ordered a set from the local speedshop for $95. I paid more locally because I like to support the local guys when I can, which is almost never when buying Hyundai parts hehehe...

I figure a set of these wires paired with a set of MSD DIS coils to replace the stockers and I'll have all the ignition I ever need.
Old 06-11-2002 | 09:52 AM

I also like Magnacores. But I also have been impressed with NGK.

I constantly change plugs on the RX-7. Either fresh ones or race then street plugs.... anyways, it's hard to remove the wires without yanking on them. I have destroyed several plug wire sets... the connector seperates from the wire. The Magnacores lasted the longest and my most recent wire set, NGK's are holding up fine. These are all 8 mm - 11 mm wires... not that it really makes much of a difference.