Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Quiet CAI

Old 08-24-2002, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well if u dont want to attract cops then here is a simple way: dont drive like an asshole and they leave you alone wether you have a hooked up car or not
Old 08-24-2002, 11:50 AM

4CyLofFuRy:
well if u dont want to attract cops then here is a simple way: dont drive like an asshole and they leave you alone wether you have a hooked up car or not

what the
Old 08-24-2002, 12:47 PM

i have to agree with 4cyl on that one
Old 08-24-2002, 01:02 PM

Hahaha 4CyLo!

You don't get it, do you?

If a cop sees 2 cars going 5mph over the speed limit (everone does this) and feels like being an a$$hole (many cops do sometimes), he is going to think... "well, hey, I can hear that little $hit head in the Elantra has some mods to his car, I'll pull him over and not the one that sounds normal." Quiet cars just plain draw less attention.

It's selective deduction... he's gonna pull over the one that sounds all loud just for that fact. Just like if you have a stock Elantra and are crusing above the speed limit on the highway with a red base Camaro behind you doing the same.

Who's gonna get it? The Camaro, not the Hyundai.

Yes, stereotypes and preminitions... all that stuff factors into who gets tickes more often. Cops are not machines, they are humans. Who wouldn't think to bag the guy in the loud car over the guy in the quiet car?

As for Jmontigny... good thinking, man!

[ August 24, 2002, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: FluteMuffin ]
Old 08-24-2002, 02:10 PM

Vehicle: 02 Elantra

I was all disturbed thinking that beacause I use the full travel of my gas pedal I was an a**hole rolleyes.gif Not really.

I have not gone 7 years with no tickets by driving like an a**hole. I drive silver 4dr sedans for a reason, they don't stand out. Believe me I know when is the right and wrong time to race or drive fast. I was actually doing 80mph on the highway and I was going by a Mustang I saw a cop and slowed immediately. The cop pulled out so I new he clocked me and I was getting pulled over. I waited for him to come up behind me but instead he pulled the mustang over. This is why I will never drive a car that screams performance with either loud noise or graphics. Think about it, would you rather drive like a granny in your cool looking car or have fun in your normal looking car.

By the way 4cyl how come you never showed up at any autocrosses you said you wanted to go to???

[ August 24, 2002, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: Jmontigny ]