Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

QUICK QUESTION!

Old 07-22-2002 | 04:17 PM

Default QUICK QUESTION!

Alright, for real guys, need this information ASAP, 2001 Tiburon, replacing BBTB, 2 hoses that seem to not have anywhere to go...where do I put em? Need it as fast as possible, have work in the morning and am doing it at the moment, alright thanks in advance! (Btw no search comments cause I mean i dont even have the time to search for this stuff)
Old 07-22-2002 | 05:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Take one end of one of the hoses and wrap it back around to the other ends mounting point, they are not really needed, it is fine as long as it is closed off.
Old 07-22-2002 | 06:31 PM

Alright got that, BUT NOW I GOT ANOTHER PROBLEM! AGH!, gotta get this fast so i can get some actual sleep....ok the outside cable? (closest to the windshield) what the heck is it? Also is it better to have the wires loose or tight, because i had em really tight, and as soon as i turn on my car, BOOM it just starts zooming through the RPMS IN PARK! AGH! at 12:00 in the morning my neighbors were not happy lets just say that.
Old 07-22-2002 | 09:32 PM

one is throttle adjustment, the other is cruise adjustment. you want them with minimal slack, but NOT tight! you have them too tight now, so your car is revving even in park.
Old 07-23-2002 | 01:27 AM

K i loosened em up a bit...roared down an open street, and was doing fine right...all of a sudden....i try to slow down...pressing the break...still going...pressing harder, still going, slam the breaks...nothing. Put it into park, nearly redline and kill my car dead. Shut it off in time...push my car home. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif The things i do for love...now i gotta drive my damn CR-V to work. I feel so dirty...anyway anymore answers would be GREATLY appreciated. (Btw for the time being i have the outside cable (closest to windshield) unhooked, don't know what that might do...but yeh...alright then...thanks in advance.
Old 07-24-2002 | 02:18 AM

Alright You have (sounds Like) a vacum Leak.

Lossen them up more.. Also make sure (visualy) that the TB is clsoing all the way.. If it is open even a little you will lose the Vacume of the IM and boom no breaks. Check All connections for vacume leaks. Again they can all effect breaks.
Old 07-24-2002 | 02:34 AM

That cable you were asking about is the throttle cable, connected directly to your gas pedal... When you tightened it, you made the car 'think' that you were applying the gas. You have to readjust the cable when you put the new throttle body in place. Put your car in park.... Turn on the ignition, the tachometer should read about 1 and a quarter to 1 and a half rpm. If its higher, loosen that cable so the tach reads properly, if its lower, tighten it. Hope this helps...
wink