Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Questions.

Old 10-20-2005 | 03:40 PM

QUOTE (Jaws021 @ Oct 20 2005, 09:37 PM)
OK.. i read the thread.. and now i have no clue wtf this guy is asking..

What are you asking... cause i didnt find any humor in your post?

Also.. quit bitting the hand that feeds you...
wink1.gif

first i asked about the TPS now i'm asking about my 3rd brake light which is only being held on by a strap since all the connections to the spoiler have snapped and the sticky stuff is not soo sticky anymore, and i get this "change the light bulb" answer.

and i guess i'll also take consideration on brands for struts. and clutches. (currently planning on getting some form of KYB strut)

EDIT: location and year are fixed.
Old 10-20-2005 | 05:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i know you dont know this becuase, welll... youve never done it.

answering the amount of questions a normal moderator answers in a week or so will produce a couple quick responces without thouroughly reading the entire post. is b****ing about a wrong answer through 4 posts really worth it? tired.gif
Old 10-20-2005 | 11:03 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

And, belive it or not, the 3rd brake light in the spoiler, changing the bulb WILL work.

It's a LED assembly. So yeah, that would fix everything.

Case closed?
Old 10-20-2005 | 11:32 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

No REDZ, your tape answer was the correct one, he said it's hanging by a strap and he doesn't know how to get it to stay in there.

Anyway, dude, we're trying to help you, maybe you were mad when you posted and you did sound pretty f***ing ignorant so, naturally, people got upset. Quit dragging it on god damnit.

Now, the TPS has been answered for you. You're good to go there.

Also, you've been introduced to the world of double sided foam tape, that should hold your brake light up. Enough said there as well.

Another thing, why don't you research some stuff yourself before you post here..?

-02 sensor (front one i do believe)
For one, if you would search on here you'd find out the CEL codes for a failing front o2 sensor, and you'd learn that your car goes into "limp mode", throttle response + MPG turn very shitty. Sure that's the problem? Maybe it's the 2nd o2 sensor? Get the CEL code man. Autozone does it for free, damn. Also, if you really think it is an o2 sensor still, any ebay search or trip to your local auto parts store would tell you the cost for this item.

-Throttle position sesnor (?)
It's sensor. And any search on this website would have given you the info about the free replacement, AND the location of it.

-tires (bald tires in snow country is never a good idea)
Any google search or ebay search will find you good prices for those

-struts (stock struts...need i say more?)
Again, any ebay search and you would have found out that kyb gr2s cost less than stock, and, as they are performance-struts, you can guess using common sense that they will last longer than stock struts.

-brake pads/rotors (one brake pad change in 111k...yeah...about time)
A search on this website would direct you to the best brake pads, and your options on rotors, hell, I think we have a Group Buy going on right now for performance drilled/slotted rotors.

-timing belt, and other belts. (120k is fast approaching.)
Searching on this website or google would have found you the best prices.[/quote]

also what is the estimated cost i'm looking at.
If you would do some research yourself, you could figure it out

Why the hell didn't any of my quotes work.
Old 10-21-2005 | 01:17 PM

Hyundais wont last more than 120,000 miles?
Old 10-21-2005 | 01:29 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Honestly, we don't really know, they haven't been around long enough to tell. Give it another 3-5 years before you go making assumptions like that, my old tib was at 115k, NO problems at all mechanically other than regular maintenance. And it was auto.
Old 10-21-2005 | 01:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I dunno why they didn't work bro, I tried to fix them for you.

I'm closing this thread.

As usual, KayDM's shit gets out of hand.