Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Question for SS owners

Old 03-12-2005 | 05:26 PM

Default Question for SS owners

I got the r side advanced installed. Is there suppose to be alot of play when the car is in gear? like When its in first i can move it alot to the left. But if i let go it sits in one spot.
If that makes any sense, let me know guys who got one of these.
Old 03-12-2005 | 05:29 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I noticed that too but I don't have the rside. It's wierd to get used to but I like it like that now.

YOu mean:
when your in first and let off the clutch the stick still moves to the left 2 inches or so. Yeah, same here, no you didn't install it wrong....it's normal I guess. I've never had it pop outta gear or anything.

How do you like the shorter shifts?
Old 03-12-2005 | 05:32 PM

^^ Yes i have the B &M shifter and it does the same thing.
Old 03-12-2005 | 05:36 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

http://www.rdtiburon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6309

Man when it rains, it pours. Here, check out this link. Someone just posted about how to get rid of that "play" in the linkage.
Old 03-12-2005 | 06:41 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

B&M here and it plays alot. it doesnt bother me tho
Old 03-12-2005 | 06:50 PM

yea i've got the rside ss... it does have some play in it, but adjusting it isnt as easy as everyone thinks. i tried doin it and just gave up... i can handle the play in the shifter tho. i remember when i installed it and it had the play... it upset me but you will get used to it, it wont affect the shifting or anything like that.
Old 03-12-2005 | 11:55 PM

the only way to keep your shifter from moving some when letting off of the gas... replace your engine mounts with something more solid. Even though our cars use a cable activated linkage, there is still SOME movement in the cables when the engine/transmission unit moves about under acceleration and deacceleration.
Old 05-19-2005 | 08:43 PM

I know its posted somewhere before but when I do a search it says error!

I just installed my rside advanced and the white ball keeps coming off!!! I have to clean the grease off it but what else can I do to make it stay on?? I heard of teflon tape and jb weld, was just wondering if anyone else has suggestions???????????

Help I love the shifter but the ball fell off 1 hour after install I hope I can get a permanent fix! What if I greased the shaft then some jb weld on top of the ball that way the jb doesn't stick to the shifter!
Old 05-19-2005 | 09:31 PM

I put teflon tape on the metal before i put the white piece on, and then i took some duck tape and put a thick layer of it on the shifter base under the metal piece where the white plastic piece goes, so even if it tries to fall off it can't go down any.

Sorry if thats confusing.