Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Question for Cheuk

Old 06-05-2002, 04:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Accent
Default Question for Cheuk

Have you seen any high horsepower automatics in korea?

Why I ask is I am wondering about the differential for the automatic, if it is just as weak or weaker than manual's or is it stronger?
Old 06-05-2002, 05:02 AM

Vehicle: Ex Hyundai Owner

before you even worry about that, you need to worry about spending on UPGRADING your torque converter, that's where most of our power is lost thru the drivetrain... sad.gif

Contact LEVEL 10, and do a search on here about them, you'll get all your answers
Old 06-05-2002, 04:29 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Accent

Yeah that's my plan if I decide to stick with my automatic, that and the auto rebuild, but I guess I'm just looking for more of an answer of what the Auto differential will take, because I don't believe that level 10 does any sort of differential work, if they do then I'm all set then, if not I guess I'm going to need to talk to Red and Quafie, and decide weather I'd stick with an auto and try making a Manual LSD work in it or going ahead and switching to a Manual.
Old 06-05-2002, 04:41 PM

Call Level 10.

www.levelten.com

If it's got to do with automatic transmissions, they'll be able to answer all of your questions.
Old 06-05-2002, 05:25 PM

The manual Diff and the Auto Diff as basically the same, the Diff is not the problem.

and the LSD mod will work the same.

manual gets the manual eclipse LSD and change pinions.

auto get the elcipse auto LSD and change the pinions.

you problem is not the diff, its the torque convertor and actuall material the gears are made out of.

honestly, get rid of the auto tranny, they over heat under normal power, let alone under boost.