Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Question about cai

Old 06-04-2002, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon
Default Question about cai

Well after not many responses i just disconnected the canistor and twisted it in a way that the cai tube could pass through there.It was a messy job but i put some extra clamps to secure it.Only bad thing some of the small hoses are overbended but car still runs fine with no probs so far.. rolleyes.gif
The only thing that worries me is that maybe i should take off completely the engine bottom splash sheild for extra cooling.Do you think i should do that???
Old 06-04-2002, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't recommend removing the splash shields from under the front of the car. Yes, it will aid in cooling and bringing in air, but you will sacrifice protection. The shields are there for a reason, and the gains you would see vice leaving them in place are not significant, if any at all.

Someone (won't say who tongue.gif ) removed the shields on their Tib a while back, and his car caught fire on the freeway. How, you ask? A piece of road debris kicked up into the engine bay and slit a fuel line (if memory serves me right), which completed a fire triangle under the hood. Admittedly , it probably wouldn't have happened had he left them in place.

Moral: leave the shields where they are