Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Purchasing from UFB / Ballistic Racing

Old 05-13-2002, 03:55 AM
Red

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchasing from UFB / Ballistic Racing

I actually said I'd post this a long time ago sad.gif but I've been so focused on the motor and whatnot that I keep forgetting.

I thought I should post my experience with purchasing injectors from Ballistic Racing, whom UFB represents here on the board.

About a month ago, I made arrangements to wire transfer $240 USD to them for a set of those 550cc Lucas injectors they're offering. Good parts, good price, gotta try it out right?

So UFB and I make all the arrangements over email, he sends me all the needed routing information for the wire, and I go to my bank to exchange the funds. Well, my bank is staffed by retards who probably couldn't find their butts with both hands sad.gif So the wire took like nine days to go through.

During this whole time, UFB kept in contact with me, gave me almost daily updates on the status of his bank account, and even offered to ship the injectors even though the money hadn't arrived yet. Because I'm very uncomfortable with owing someone money that's in a whole other country (eek, been there before, don't wanna do that again) I just had him wait until the wire arrived.

Surely enough it got there, but it was $20 short sad.gif Somewhere in the middle someone took another chunk of my wire transfer for whatever billing/tax/god-knows-what reason. He still shipped the injectors, and followed up to make sure they got here. In fact, he followed up again to ask how they've been performing, to which I have not answered sad.gif because I didn't know until this last weekend.

To UFB: Thanks! They work awesome, I am having no issues with them whatsoever and I'd gladly recommend them to anyone who wants a set of good 550 injectors for an awesome price.

Customer service was top notch, very professional and also he took it upon himself to make sure everything went just right. He didn't even know who I was for most of the transaction (ie who I am on this board) so it wasn't favoritism... Yes I did do that on purpose hehe smile.gif

So, that's my experience. I fully plan to purchase more equipment from Ballistic Racing in the future; I definately want that intercooler and I'm pretty sure I want their blowoff valve and modified pressure plate as well.

Questions or comments welcome,
Old 05-13-2002, 04:10 AM

ufb
ive been trying to get a price quote on some 375CC's from lucas

can you help me out???

Although theres controversy about the kit,... the guy has been around for 4 months backing his kit up

Most people leave after being attacked, ufb earned my respect by staying put, defending his kit, and still helping people out

If i was UFB, i would have gave all you suckas the finger and i would have gone to the subaru aftermarket tongue.gif
lol

if his kit works on US spec or not,... atleast we know he will stick around and help us figure it out, not like alpine who turns their back.

UFB gets a 5 star from me wink

BTW red,... wheres the video MAN!
Old 05-14-2002, 01:47 AM

Glad to hear that Red. I've been thinking of getting some parts from him recently, but was apprehensive due to the distance/different country, and not to mention the flame wars on the other forum.

But I've always found his advice and input to be top notch and the prices for the components I need can't be beat here, in the states.

Once I get the house settled in, I'm definitely ordering a downpipe and maybe an adapter plate. Then it's time to start bolting things on smile.gif

ac
Old 05-14-2002, 07:22 AM

Anyone have an idea of how things are going with the kit? Any possible release dates?
Old 05-14-2002, 12:33 PM

You may need to drop him an e-mail.

I don't think I have seen him on this board yet. wink
Old 05-14-2002, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Smiley:
You may need to drop him an e-mail.

I don't think I have seen him on this board yet. wink
He's been here for quite some time. I haven't seen him in about a week though. I'll drop him an e-mail and ask him to update folks.
Old 05-15-2002, 02:35 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Tiburon GT

If I remember correctly, they have already decided who is going to get a sponsorship kit. However, they haven't disclosed any info on who that person is.
Old 05-15-2002, 07:06 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6, 2008 Nissan Xterra Off-Road

Yes, we know who is getting the sponsorship but we haven't announced it yet. It will be announced when HP relaunches and the results will be posted shortly after.