Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Project Gasmilage

Old 08-06-2005, 02:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK well let me first say that im not trying to attack anyone here. Supercow Im not trying to get into a fight here or anything, it was just that i dont like when somebody tells me I am totally wrong, when that person is not me and hasnt seen things that i have. I can tell you that i very very often average in the summer time 33 MPG. It almost always comes out to that. Becuase i usually do a mixture of driving.

Now tonight, i wasnt able to take pics cuz my buddy is borrowing my camera, when i got gas i drove 365 miles on 10.5 gallons. That averages out to 34.76MPG.

Look at it like this, every tib is putting out different amounts of WHP. Its possible that my stock car will put down 119 WHP and yours might only put down 110 WHP. That is how it really is in real life. There are soooo many thing that effect HP and gasmilage its impossible to say every car of the same make and model will perform in the same way.

Also not sure if you ever drove from upstate NY to pottstown, but its a more than 300 miles and its pretty flat for most of the trip. I just dont understand how i can be told im wrong when iv seen it with my own 2 eyes over and over again.

So please forgive me for my little rant, supercow dont think im coming at you.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:31 AM

You bring up another point there. Super A. How flat the land is. I live along the coast. To be exact I live 14 feet above sea level and it does not really get that much higher the further inland you go until you get close to philly. When I averaged close to 40mpg, I drove along the coast to NC.. again, the biggest hill I had to crest was the tall bridge on the Chesepeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. Altitude and changes there in do make a BIG difference.

Last night, I was playing with skipping gears. If I wind out each gear to about 3grand.. I can go from first, to third, to fifth and not have the car bog, shudder, or scream between gears.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:55 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

that is true, driving on a totally flat area is going to make a big difference. as well as driving behind someone else, especially a large truck or something thats going to block alot of air. You'll very rarely see me traveling long distances at the front of the pack. usually I'm at the back.

around here if your on a flat road for 1/2 mile that was a long stretch. So like i said, i guess it's possible but it must be some ideal conditions. What do you get around town? for me it's rare to not get on a highway for the better half of every tank. I think the worst I've ever gotten was 27. That was while i was living in columbus and had run into a ton of construction that week.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:16 PM

also the weather affects things as well as altitude

im below sealevel and its very hot and humid here

ill see what my#s look like and how much gas i use this time

finally got around to doing my oil change and balanced all my tires at work

also i ordered a cai for my car so when it gets here ill see what changes occur