Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Power Commander?

Old 12-11-2002 | 10:12 AM

Vehicle: 1997 accent L
Default Power Commander?

http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.com/cgi-bin/...c;f=16;t=001973

Gotta bring this one back from the dead.

Did you guys ever get the ignition timing working cheuk? This unit looks very promising for my lil turbo project if I run a 2.5bar MAP sensor with betaI injectors (which should be roughly 2x as big as my injectors).

Jaws, do you still have yours sitting around someplace?
Old 12-11-2002 | 11:07 AM
Red

If Jawz doesn't, the person who was going to buy mine fell thru. I'm also curious about that PowerCommander part as well, now that you mention it.
Old 12-11-2002 | 03:58 PM

i kept talking to the guy with the BMW... unfortunately we were unable to figure out how to control timing with that unit
The guy with the BMW gave up on the timing functions and just bought an MSD (i think)

So i sold it...

I lost 50 bucks on the deal...
sad.gif

He did get the fuel system working

Your best bet right now, would be to try to get the SMT working

We know of atleast one person in costa rica who has installed it on a turbo tiburon

Random is investigating that matter... maybe he can dig up a diagram smile.gif
Old 12-12-2002 | 04:16 AM

Red, how much you want for it? Is it the fuel only version or the one that can do fuel and ignition? I may have enough money for it after christmas and tax returns...

I think i can get the ignition to work. If our ecm's are looking for 60pluses/rotation tooth wheel for the crank position senser, while the GSXR and therefore the PC are looking for 8 pulses/rotation, couldnt I just use the wheel and/or sensor from a GSXR (or have one custom built)?
Old 12-12-2002 | 04:52 AM

Your heading into CEL land buddy

Its a piggy back... so you still have to worry about pissing off the stock ECU

Your best bet right now is the SMT

That one does the same thing... and has actually been used on a tiburon before (plus it has a windows switch)

Plus they cost about the same amount...
Old 12-12-2002 | 05:05 AM
Red

Oops, I apologize, I wasn't very articulate in my response. I have four stock BETA I injectors that I could sell you, not the PowerCommander unit smile.gif
Old 12-12-2002 | 06:33 AM

JAWS 021:
Your heading into CEL land buddy

Its a piggy back... so you still have to worry about pissing off the stock ECU

Your best bet right now is the SMT

That one does the same thing... and has actually been used on a tiburon before (plus it has a windows switch)

Plus they cost about the same amount...
I wouldnt be replacing the stock crank trigger wheel, just having another wheel on it for the PC to use. Besides, i'm heading into CEL land anyways with the turbo, lol, so its worth a shot imo. I'm not really sure how large these suckers are though, so that could but a damper on my plans.

Red, i need the injectors no matter which way I go so i'm still interested. Gimme a price, PM or email.
Old 12-12-2002 | 06:56 AM

JAws if you find out anymore information on the turbo Tibbie, PLEASE let me know!!! Cause I am fighting right now with a SMT5 unit trying to get the timing to work.