Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

possible clutch fix

Old 05-04-2009, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all,

I understand the Hyundai Tiburon experienced issues with clutches in the 06 and up models, but I see now that the 97 - 2001 had issues as well. I came accross the following with regard to the 03 model Tiburon and wondered if it could also apply to the 97 - 2001 models;

There is a little part located in your clutch slave cylinder called a "delay valve".
The part has a small hole in it, and a spring.
The clutch slave cylinder in and of itself is pretty simple.
Dont confuse it with the clutch MASTER cylinder located on the cars firewall.
Just remove the slave cylinder, unbolt the side with the hose on it, and you should see it, (the valve) and a small spring.
Once these are out, and you have properly installed and done an air bleed of the slave prepare to be amazed!
The car will now shift properly, with positive shifts, NO slipping,better fuel economy, more power, and perfect clutch feel!
TRUST ME.. This works perfectly and is totally safe.
My car has over 40K on it now and not a single lick of trouble.
This is the absolute best "Mod" you can do for your Tibby.
I wish Hyundai would just admit to the issue, as the solution is so painfully easy to solve its kind of silly.
Say goodbye to clutch wear, and hello to a car with added performance you havent met yet.
Word of caution.. If you have replaced your clutch, or have a badly worn clutch, this mod will save your existing clutch, but if its already so bad that most of the clutch friction material, or the flywheel has been overheated bad enough to cause judder, you will still need to replace the clutch and possibly the flywheel.
If you catch it soon enough with the mod, you could get tens of thousands of addtional miles before having to do your clutch!