Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Possible Bad Throw Out Bearing?

Old 02-03-2009 | 12:35 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Accent

Well I think that I may have a bad throw out bearing and will try to describe what is going on to see if anyone can help me out. Well it mostly does it when it is warm out, well thats when I hear it the most anyway. But when the car is in neutral and the clutch pedal is out, I hear a grinding sound bout every 5 seconds or so. But as soon as I push the clutch pedal back in it will stop. And it doesnt do it all the time. Seems like when its warm out. Anyone ever had this happen?

I plan on putting in a new clutch but am not real sure what kind to get. I heard a lot of ebay ones are junk. And I figured a new clutch kit would solve the problem if it was the TOB. And I plan on going boost in the next year or so. So Im thinking bout stage 2 or 3. I have read that ACT is a good brand and I think I heard that clutchnet is good too. But any feedback would be nice to have. So if you could help me out, I would apprectiate it!
Old 02-03-2009 | 03:19 PM

Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

could be your pressure plate, too. i recently purchased a Clutchmasters stage 1 and a fidanza leight weight flywheel, can't say much about it cause i'm not driving to car much and only have a little over 100 miles on it since it was put in. Winter's such too much to drive the car.
Old 02-03-2009 | 03:39 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: Two 97 RD Tibs and 2010 Genesis Coupe

Yup its the bearing since your saying it goes away when you press the clutch pedal down
Old 02-04-2009 | 03:14 PM

Thnx for that! I had a feeling thats what the problem was, o well. Quick question, will it hurt the car any to drive with a bad TOB until I get a new clutch kit installed? Doesn't drive any different as of now so I thought I would just ask. Transmissions aren't quite my thing, lol.
Old 02-05-2009 | 09:47 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: Two 97 RD Tibs and 2010 Genesis Coupe

If anything it would be the noise that would bother you.
You should be fine for a while without anything happening.
Old 02-07-2009 | 06:31 PM

Well Ive been looking into getting a vhr clutch from seoulful racing. They seem like good clutches and have good reviews. The only thing I noticed is that with the kit, there isnt a TOB included. Now would an OEM TOB do the job or would I need another one? I tried looking and am not 100% sure so thats why I asked. I plan on getting the lightweight flywheel too. Any input would be great.
Old 02-07-2009 | 06:49 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

I would get an ACT clutch, either the heavy duty (holds 236 lbft) or the sprung 6-puck (holds 306 lbft). They're both like $320, and include the TOB. That's what I'm gonna get, one of these two. I'll be staying with the heavier stock flywheel to keep easy drivability.