Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Is it possible???

Old 06-02-2002, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon
Default Is it possible???

Hi Random......

I was wondering if its possible to give me some instructions on how to remove the canistor from the front left fenderwell of my tibby.... rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

I want the SR cai so much and i dont wanna mess up with custom aos style that they are not true cais....

Please help,,i know you have the knowledge to help me and some other guys who have the same problem to have the joy to have sr cai in their tib... smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
Old 06-03-2002, 02:37 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Angelos, you are one patient man. I've seen you posting about this over and over and you've never gotten out of hand.

Good guy.

Let me do some searches and see what I can find. I'm sure this has been covered, I think I read about it like in March.

EDIT:

Here are some links, I hope they help you man.

One
Three
Five
Old 06-03-2002, 03:54 AM

Thanks for your good words.... smile.gif Anyway i am looking forward to hearing some instructions cause my hyundai dealer initially told me to remove the canistor by myself but when i asked from the mechanics to do it they said that it shouldnt be good for the car etc etc...I told them to do it like a 1999 and up tibby but they were all words words words and no result.
This is what i am talking about thats why i need your help...
LFF your answer smile.gif
Old 06-03-2002, 04:50 AM

Well, from reading those posts, it seems that you need some fuel line (I've never seen one of these things), and a place to move it to. If you've allready taken out your resonators and such, there should be some good room in the engine bay. If you haven't, I'd suggest taking these out and then re-assesing the situation.

Do you have the large or small cannister?

Also, you might, I say again, MIGHT, want to just take it off and route the fuel lines together and see what happens. I can't see anything bad happening, but Random or someone more experienced might. If the only problem is not passing emissions tests, see how frequent the emissions tests are where you live and weather or not you want to replace it before the test everytime. If you have no emissions tests (Like Kansas), take the focker off and leave it off in my opinion.

That first post was using the search using the words Revision A.

This came from searching for "Cannister".

Seven
Old 06-03-2002, 07:09 AM

Hi again i think its the big canistor,and in my country there are completely no emmisions tests...
Thanks anyway..
Old 06-03-2002, 08:13 AM

Well, according to the info in those threads I posted, the only thing the Vapor Cannister does is help out emissions. If you take it off you'll get a CEL though.

If I were staying in Kansas forever, I'd take it out.

I'm personally waiting for RED to take his off or move it, cuz I'm moving back to New Mexico when my enlistment is up.

Red?

Random?

You also might want to look at the forums at Kore or HP's website's.