Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

porting info

Old 05-20-2002, 01:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default porting info

I just got a TB and IM off a wrecked 2001 Sephia and want to port them. Problem is I'm not sure how. I have a grimal and a drill but how do you get into the runners of the IM? Plus I can't reach most of the inside of it.

Any suggestions from someone that has had success would be great
Old 05-20-2002, 01:13 AM
BV1

Your not gonna want to port your TB with a dremel, take it to a machine shop. You can do the IM with the dremel though. Have fun. go fer 58mm if you can :-)
-Steve
Old 05-20-2002, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Pick up "Modern Engine Tuning" or "4 Stroke Performance Tuning" by A. Graham Bell. He has a chapter on porting, and goes into much more detail that I could possibly put into one post. The book also has diagrams.

You cannot do the TB yourself, that would have to be done at a machine shop, and it would have to have a new butterfly manufactured to match the new larger bore.
Old 05-20-2002, 07:49 PM

Vehicle: Lancer Evo IX

If you pick up the above-mentioned publications, PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE RECCOMENDED DIMENSIONS! These have been optimised for your use, and to overdo it would mean a wasted head...oh, it would help to match the IM to the ports and the exhaust ports to the extractor...kills cavitation.

Start reading man...