Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

PnP throttle bodies

Old 11-15-2011, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0
Default PnP throttle bodies

I saw this on Grimmspeed http://www.grimmspeed.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=169 and wanted to know if I will see any results with just a ported TB or will I have to put in a new intake manifold too in order to see any gains?
Old 11-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Done improperly, "porting and polishing" an intake manifold will LOSE you power. As long as the inlet on the manifold is at least as large as the outlet on the throttle body, you will be FAR better off spending your modification budget on almost anything besides an intake manifold. Unless you are buying an Airram manifold, which actually was engineered for performance.

And if your intake inlet hole is too small for your throttle body, that is something you can correct yourself with a dremel tool.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:45 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Genesis 2.0T

Originally Posted by Stocker
Done improperly, "porting and polishing" an intake manifold will LOSE you power. As long as the inlet on the manifold is at least as large as the outlet on the throttle body, you will be FAR better off spending your modification budget on almost anything besides an intake manifold. Unless you are buying an Airram manifold, which actually was engineered for performance.

And if your intake inlet hole is too small for your throttle body, that is something you can correct yourself with a dremel tool.

That's IF it's done incorrectly. :biggrin: On average you should see a 5-10hp bump after swapping on our ported manifold.

From what I'm told the Genesis is lean on cylinder 4 and rich on cylinder 1 from the factory, which is a potential problem once you start to get into the higher hp numbers. The porting we do evens out this condition, reducing the variances between the cylinders by as much as 50%. I don't have the flowchart yet, but I'm supposed to be getting it soon.

As for the ported throttle body, we don't recommend doing that by it's self because there's such a minimal gain for just that part (Combined with the intake manifold removing the lip on the TB will help airflow).