Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

plug wires

Old 12-08-2002, 02:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plug wires

are "performance" wires really worth it? i'm curious now that kore has that holiday special on them. i mean, i have a stock ignition system, so i would think that oem or stock replacement wires would be able to handle anything my ignition can dish out, right? i would think that i really only need bette wires if i get an msd unit or something. while i'm on the topic, are iridium plugs worth it, too? i've been using just regular ngk v-powers, but if i could get another 2-4hp like i've read, then i might pay the extra money for them.
Old 12-08-2002, 02:40 AM

Well, wether it works or not, in the DSM world it is believe that 8mm+ is better, for a stronger spark. Also, OEM wires are ****ty and barely last 30k till you need to change them

I think they also claims better thorttle response and gas usage and better idles.

My opinion is if you wanan spend money on plug wires, get the Magnecor 8.5 competition ones. They are lifetime. and are used for racing and are proven.

I believe cheuk said one time in korea they se ngk and they work fine. I have never seen ngk 8mm here in the states for our cars. I seen 7mm and when I tried to purchase they said they could no longer get them "nopi.com"

magnecors run $97.00

opauto.com are a great bunch of guys. I have called them and they very much like the tiburon and try to carry more stuff as they can get it to sell.

http://www.optauto.com/webstore/product_information.asp?number=M AG-45275&variation=&aitem=18&mitem=19&back=yes://http://www.optauto.com/webstore/pro...tem=19&back=yes://http://www.optauto.com/webstore/pro...tem=19&back=yes

[ December 08, 2002, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: Shadohh ]
Old 12-08-2002, 09:55 PM

I just saw the NGK "blue" wires on groupbuycenter.com. I think they were $47 plus shipping. You have to email the seller and ask for the application though. I got mine about 2 weeks ago, but haven't had a chance to install them yet.
Old 12-09-2002, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

wires don't "make" hp. They just give you back the HP you were loosing to crappy/bad wires.

if your stock wires are in 100% shape, you will see no difference in performance using aftermarket wires.

If you think your stock wires are bad, a set of magnacore wires come with a lifetime guarantee. They should litterally be the LAST set of wires you ever need to buy.

And they come in any color you want as long as you only want red.
Old 12-11-2002, 08:30 AM

Just a note, KORE wires are lifetime guarantte as well.
And installed correctly with the dielectric grease should last that long.

Sleaved will not fit under your wire cover but the unsleaved ones will.

Thanks
Old 12-12-2002, 11:13 AM

go see jose at marrero motorsports on east main st in waterbury tell him u know mike aka sharky and see what kinda deal he will work wit ya. 203-755-3891