Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Please help, Major Problems Bogging.

Old 03-12-2005 | 12:48 PM

QUOTE (krakajacka)
and when i installed my headers i didt relocate the 02 sensor which most people are sayin they did they had 2 get an wire extensition or sumin would that have anythin 2 do with it

There is a possibility that the work did not hold up. Either the soldering came apart from a poor joint or corrosion has settled in on the wires. That is a good place to check.
Old 03-12-2005 | 12:50 PM

QUOTE (Mad-Machine)
There is a possibility that the work did not hold up. Either the soldering came apart from a poor joint or corrosion has settled in on the wires. That is a good place to check.

sorry i dont kno what u mean here
Old 03-12-2005 | 12:54 PM

sorry, misunderstood you.. you said you DIDN'T relocate the second O2 sensor? I think it might be a good idea to think about doing it, the computer needs to see a difference between before and after the cat, other wise it will tend to go into a "limp" mode which IS rich to save the engine.

Speaking of which, you never answered.. does this happen when the car is cold? When the car is cold, it is NOT looking for a signal from the 02 sensors, but instead is running off of a preprogramed "map" until the cat lights off with enough heat. If it is running great when cold, that is another point towards it being a problems with the 02s
Old 03-12-2005 | 12:59 PM

[/QUOTE]Speaking of which, you never answered.. does this happen when the car is cold? When the car is cold, it is NOT looking for a signal from the 02 sensors, but instead is running off of a preprogramed "map" until the cat lights off with enough heat. If it is running great when cold, that is another point towards it being a problems with the 02s[/QUOTE]

when i first installed the headers after a while the check engine light came on so i got the o2 sensor replaced and hasnt happened since, and it doenst matter if it cold or warm. it tend to do it when ever it feels like (its weird)
Old 03-12-2005 | 01:39 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

Is reving on neutral ok? Is it smooth, quick?

Do you have stable idle speed?
Old 03-12-2005 | 02:15 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

oh god man, please make more of an effort to clearly write what your trying to say. stuff like this deserves atleast one more period...

hmm lets see, ok what happens is when i start the car then put it into first gear and try 2 punch it (floor tha gas pedal to start fast) the responce is off what i mean is the pick up is really shitty it starts goin but not to its potential, hmm duno if that makes sence but yah it doenst happen all the time only sometimes

yeah, we're not in english class. but speaking more clearly will get a lot more people to try and help.
Old 03-12-2005 | 02:38 PM

QUOTE (Dmitry)
Is reving on neutral ok? Is it smooth, quick?

Do you have stable idle speed?

in neutral everythin is fine is only when i put it into first and start to drive
Old 03-12-2005 | 03:07 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

QUOTE (krakajacka)
in neutral everythin is fine is only when i put it into first and start to drive

I think the problem is in clutch.
100 km of hard running could kill clutch disk or there could be oil.
check clutch.
Old 03-12-2005 | 03:43 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

just a hunch did you install the 1st o2 sensor in the 1st hole?

the 1st one determines the a/f ratio
Old 03-12-2005 | 04:11 PM

so i hope that when your in gear and you press the gas, your car is moving a little bit, while your car is bogging. or is your car not moving at all and you can get up to 3-4k rpm while in gear??

other wise this is definately an air/fuel/ignition problem.

i hope you have a clean air filter, double check plugs, wires, hoses, coilpack, sensors. any other problems?? fluid leaks?? hit anything lately? go above redline?

how long ago did you install the header, and how long after did the car start acting like this??