Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Please help, Major Problems Bogging.

Old 03-12-2005 | 12:03 PM

QUOTE (hamhead)
Get a tuneup then and see if that fixes the problem... new air filter/fuel filter/oil/oil filter/plugs/wires. Check for vacuum leaks in and around the intake and intake manifold.

i had all that expect for vacum leaks and i also had an injector flush
Old 03-12-2005 | 12:21 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

Does RPM correspond with speed? Like:
2nd gear
2000 RPM = 20 MPH
3000 RPM = 30 MPH
5000 RPM = 50 MPH

What if you put 4th gear when driving 40 MPH and press accelerator (wide open throttle).
Will it be:
2000 RPM = 39 MPH
3000 RPM = 57 MPH
4000 RPM = 77 MPH ans so on?

Clutch problems will not throw any CEL.
Old 03-12-2005 | 12:23 PM

QUOTE (Dmitry)
Does RPM correspond with speed? Like:
2nd gear
2000 RPM = 20 MPH
3000 RPM = 30 MPH
5000 RPM = 50 MPH

What if you put 4th gear when driving 40 MPH and press accelerator (wide open throttle).
Will it be:
2000 RPM = 39 MPH
3000 RPM = 57 MPH
4000 RPM = 77 MPH ans so on?

Clutch problems will not throw any CEL.

shit i duno im going to have 2 check when i can pull my car out
Old 03-12-2005 | 12:25 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Does the problem occur more when the car is warmed up or when its cold? You might have a pinhole small vaccum leak where unmetered air is getting into the system. When the engine bay gets warm, it may seal up all together or enough where you wouldn't notice it.
Old 03-12-2005 | 12:31 PM

Have you checked your coil pack?
Cause thats probably it. Bad gas mileage/ sluggish.
Old 03-12-2005 | 12:33 PM

acutally it varies sometime when it starts off cold runs fine vis versa
and when it warm its does the same thing
its an on and off situation.
Old 03-12-2005 | 12:33 PM

maybe gettin checkin to see if theres any air leak anywhere where could i go 2 get that checked if that might be a problem
Old 03-12-2005 | 12:36 PM

hmmm.. I think the fact that you are getting such terrible miliage is a part of the problem. So, lets look here. It seems to me that you might be running rich from too much fuel or not enough spark. You said you took care of the wires and plugs already, but please double check those to make sure they are correct and all the wires are properly plugged in and not coming loose on occasion. You laugh, but I had this problem with a set I bought, they were a hair too short and would occasionally pop off of the plug enough to allow a slight gap.

How are your o2 sensors? A bad o2 sensor will allow the car to run rich as it cannot tell the computer that it is giving too much fuel. A symptom of a bad o2 is bad miliage, really bad miliage as the engine is simply given far more fuel than it needs to make power. This is where I would check first. If you said your car has just under 100,000 (km?) they might be getting old. Living up in the great white north, I am sure they have some funky additives to the fuel as well to help it burn in such cold situations.
Old 03-12-2005 | 12:44 PM

QUOTE (Mad-Machine)
hmmm.. I think the fact that you are getting such terrible miliage is a part of the problem. So, lets look here. It seems to me that you might be running rich from too much fuel or not enough spark. You said you took care of the wires and plugs already, but please double check those to make sure they are correct and all the wires are properly plugged in and not coming loose on occasion. You laugh, but I had this problem with a set I bought, they were a hair too short and would occasionally pop off of the plug enough to allow a slight gap.

How are your o2 sensors? A bad o2 sensor will allow the car to run rich as it cannot tell the computer that it is giving too much fuel. A symptom of a bad o2 is bad miliage, really bad miliage as the engine is simply given far more fuel than it needs to make power. This is where I would check first. If you said your car has just under 100,000 (km?) they might be getting old. Living up in the great white north, I am sure they have some funky additives to the fuel as well to help it burn in such cold situations.

one o2 sensor was bad b4 thats what the dealer told me and i got it changed. and i think that all the plugs and wires are connected right bull ill check again. and it prolly is running rich any way to fix that>

and when i installed my headers i didt relocate the 02 sensor which most people are sayin they did they had 2 get an wire extensition or sumin would that have anythin 2 do with it
Old 03-12-2005 | 12:46 PM

QUOTE (krazykyle)
Have you checked your coil pack?
Cause thats probably it. Bad gas mileage/ sluggish.

the only way to check that is 2 start it and rev it in a dark area and look for any visable spark by it and no there were none