Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Please help, Major Problems Bogging.

Old 03-12-2005 | 11:29 AM

QUOTE (zoned019)
hesitation? like sputter kind of? are you sure you have new spark plugs?

not really sputter just doesnt pick up speed and accelatoriton like it should, yup bought just b4 winter
Old 03-12-2005 | 11:42 AM

You said that the engine will rev but you will go nowhere.. Is this the case? Or does it sputter? If the latter, check ignition first, plugs wires coill..
Old 03-12-2005 | 11:46 AM

it revs high with shitty responce it does go but really slow
i did change all that
i brought it 2 tha dealers cple times after they cahnged a couple parts they said nothing was wrong that the machine would read and yet it stil kept on doing that sometimes would it have anythin to do with tha (AIF) sensor the one in the intake ? cuz my orignal one got fryed so i got another one but not from the same kind of car
Old 03-12-2005 | 11:47 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

If you press the gas down, and the engine revs but doesn't go anywhere, your clutch is about gone... again. Spark plugs/wires/filter/etc. wouldn't rev the engine standing still.
Old 03-12-2005 | 11:48 AM

QUOTE (krakajacka)
it revs high with shitty responce it does go but really slow
i did change all that
i brought it 2 tha dealers cple times after they cahnged a couple parts they said nothing was wrong that the machine would read and yet it stil kept on doing that sometimes would it have anythin to do with tha (AIF) sensor the one in the intake ? cuz my orignal one got fryed so i got another one but not from the same kind of car

So your engine rev's high and you dont go anywhere is what your saying? If so, its your clutch not engaging properly..
Old 03-12-2005 | 11:51 AM

hmm its hard 2 explain i remember when my cluth went it doenst feel like that now, the throttle responce is really shitty when i give gas it doenst pick up right away. and since u guys are sayin its the clutch would that mean it would only happen once and a while. sometimes it works perfectly fine.
Old 03-12-2005 | 11:56 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

250km on one tank? WOW I get double on one tank. I suggest maybe you solve that problem before trying to "go fast" off the line. And stop flooring your car man when you obviously have problems. eek.gif
Old 03-12-2005 | 11:56 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

How many km your car have?

If RPM goes up and car accelerates badly (tach and speedo needles don't go simultaneously with fully released clutch) - it's a clutch problem.

Do you feel any smell (like burned rubber) when that happens?
Old 03-12-2005 | 12:01 PM

QUOTE (Dmitry)
How many km your car have?

If RPM goes up and car accelerates badly (tach and speedo needles don't go simultaneously with fully released clutch) - it's a clutch problem.

Do you feel any smell (like burned rubber) when that happens?

just under 100k and no, no smell at all. And if it was the clutch when i brought it into the dealer and they read the codes woudlnt they have know
cuz after like the fourth time i borught it in they said there was nothin wrong
Old 03-12-2005 | 12:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Get a tuneup then and see if that fixes the problem... new air filter/fuel filter/oil/oil filter/plugs/wires. Check for vacuum leaks in and around the intake and intake manifold.

EDIT: A bad clutch doesn't throw a CEL.