Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Please help, Major Problems Bogging.

Old 03-12-2005 | 09:26 AM

Default Please help, Major Problems Bogging.

hey i have a 98 tib been working on it for a bit i got 4-1 obx hearders, cold air, 2 1/4 exhaust piping.
the prolems i have been having are with accelerations and performance.
what happens is when tryin 2 accelerate hititng down tha gas pedal tha responce is shitty it takes a while 2 go up sometimes it just revs really high (guess u can say it bogs)
the messed thing about it is that sometimes it works meaing sometimes acceleration off tha line is awesome and other times it just revs high
so im not 2 sure whats wrong
and yah its not my clutch cuz that was changed recently

i got my o2 sensor changed
a new fuel filter
performance spark wires/plugs
throttle sensory changed it was working good for a weeks time then went back 2 doin what it was doing

please give me some idea on what i can do
plus i get really shitty gas milage for some reason
for a tank of gas $40 dollars all i get is 250 kms

i had my IAT changed but its off a differnt car not a tiburon would that effect anythin?
plus i brought it into hyundia a cple times they said some things were not workin such as an o2 and the throttle sensor forgot the name and yah i had those changed and it worked good for bought a week then back to tha same way boggin once in a while brought it back to the dealer and they said theres no errors when it scans/
anyone any ideas?
Old 03-12-2005 | 09:58 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

so..the engine revs up but you don't go anywhere and you're in a gear? please describe your problem better im a little confused
Old 03-12-2005 | 10:01 AM

Umm.. If you put the gas down, and your in gear without being on the clutch, and all it does is rev your engine, it is your clutch not engaging.. Sorry to break it to you, but they might have screwed you on your clutch replacement ;/
Old 03-12-2005 | 10:50 AM

its like this i put it in gear and punch it its doenst kick in right away it takes a while to get goin, but the messed up thing bout it is it sometimes works perfectly fine.
Old 03-12-2005 | 10:52 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Please, try to talk a bit clearer, I can't really understand much of what you said.

Also, don't type anything in all caps, I edited your title.
Old 03-12-2005 | 10:57 AM

hmm lets see, ok what happens is when i start the car then put it into first gear and try 2 punch it (floor tha gas pedal to start fast) the responce is off what i mean is the pick up is really shitty it starts goin but not to its potential, hmm duno if that makes sence but yah it doenst happen all the time only sometimes
Old 03-12-2005 | 10:58 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

ummm you you just flooring it then droppin the clutch? cuz thats your problem right there

you gotta slip the clutch not just let go of it
Old 03-12-2005 | 11:08 AM

yea... NO car except maybe a diesel has all that much power right off of idle.
Old 03-12-2005 | 11:14 AM

k let me reword this, not actually floorin it but giving it enough gas 2 get it goin, once it starts goin and i give more gas it seems like it hesitates and doenst want to "giver" but sometime it works perfectly fine i give it gas punch it then it picks up fast
Old 03-12-2005 | 11:24 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

hesitation? like sputter kind of? are you sure you have new spark plugs?