Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Performance Question

Old 08-16-2005 | 10:12 PM

Just please stay away from the stock plugs wink1.gif

Also just a note: the Bosch plugs sux0rs. Might want to stay away from them as well.

I'm going to head over to Autozone/Pepboys tomorrow and see if I can find anything there.
Old 08-16-2005 | 11:40 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT

did you by chance reset the ecu after you installed your cai?

if you didn't disconnect your battery, hit the brake and reconnect.
its probably not the problem you're having, but just in case.
Old 08-17-2005 | 10:08 AM

Yes, the IAT is in with the grommet, I'll get better pics for you today. I disconnected the battery for about 5 minutes after I installed it to reset the ecu. The plugs and wires are in the mail as we speak and I'll go get some of that B12 Chemtool stuff today, Im guessing I can get that just about anywhere.
Thanks again for all your help guys! I'll put some more pics up later today or tomorrow and I'll try that stuff out and let you know how it goes.
Old 08-17-2005 | 10:16 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Get B12 from walmart, it's cheap.

Wait for your tank to be about empty, pour it in, and run it for about 5 or 10 miles, then fill up and drive it hard.
Old 08-18-2005 | 03:01 PM

Sounds good. Of course Wal-Mart was the first place I looked. The tank is almost empty and Im going to wait until its a bit lower then I will drive it hard. I should have some more pics up within the hour.
Old 08-18-2005 | 03:50 PM

of course I have to ask this question.. what car did you have before your tib? Coming from older carbed cars, I find that the tib has inferior throttle response compared to them. Some of it can be fixed with a lighter flywheel and crank pulley, but some of it is just part of being fuel injected.

Unlike a carbed car that inputs fuel and air at exactly the same time. Fuel injected cars need to see an increase in meterable air before they will add more fuel. This adds some small amount of delay when you first touch the throttle and when the engine reacts.
Old 08-18-2005 | 03:51 PM

Concerning the NGK Vpowers.. I got the stock heat ones. Are they the ones you have Redz and faithofadragon, or did you get one step colder?

Something tells me NGK Vpower stock heat is relatively close to stock.. haven't installed them yet though..
Old 08-18-2005 | 04:57 PM

I had a 88 Pontiac Grand Am. Piece of Junk, the exhaust system literally fell out from underneath the car on the freeway at 80mph. And it was fuel injected. They were not all working correctly, but it was fuel injected. That car was automatic, so it could just be the way I let the clutch out. It doesnt do it all the time. I'll figure it out somehow. I'll let everyone know what happens after the plugs, wires and B12. I put more pics on my cars site at Car Domain, I cant get into the garage here, I keep getting a PHP error message.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2086858/1
Old 08-18-2005 | 05:31 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

I personally like the Iridiums.

When I first bought the blue tib it was literally eating spark plugs, I had to replace them every few months or so. I got the NGK Iridiums and a set of NGK wires and haven't had a problem with eve the slightest hesitation in about 9 months now (and counting wink1.gif)
The red tib is sitting at about 60k with stock plugs still, but seems fine. Although I pulled the NGK wires from the blue tib and swapped em over tongue.gif

If your IAT isn't in place correctly then I believe after a few restarts you would have a CEL, so I'm still sticking with plugs/wires as your problem.

Ditto on what REDZ said about the Chemtool^^, the thing is though if you buy it at Wal-Mart, you have to be 18 .. that used to be such a damn probem for me LOL. I'd suggest running B12 through the fuel system like once every 2-3 months at least.

Glad you got rid of that damn performance chip.

good luck
Old 08-23-2005 | 11:02 AM

i would have to agree with zoned, the ngk iridium IX plugs are fantastic, i just put them in this morning with a set of new magster racing wires and i can really feel the difference and guess what my CEL previously just went on about 4 days before i put em in and the first time i started it up it went off im soo happy! lol, but yea do you guys think i should have gone with ngk wires? i asked the salesman at advance auto parts about switching name brands with plugs and wires and he said it doesnt have any effect on it but just lookin for your guys input.