Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Oxygen Sensor Wiring

Old 10-14-2008 | 06:08 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I am attempting to install an innovate lc-1 wideband O2 sensor in my system and use its narrowband output as the stock sensor. My problem is that my wiring is does not follow the colors dictated by the ecu diagram. I looked at the ecu diagram and it shows the O2 sensor as having 1 red/white, 1green/yellow, and 2 green/white wires. My car, a 2000, has 1 red/white, 1green/white, 1 yellow and 1 brown wire. The red is +12v, does anyone know which wire the signal wire is? Currently I am drawing power from the red wire and have my narrowband output attached to the yellow wire. I am getting 2 cel codes, the first is the heater circuit which is easily fixed with the appropriate resistor, the second is a low voltage fault. the following are pictures that may be useful as well as my calibration procedure.

Calibration:
1. with sensor disconnected from module, turn power on for 20 sec, turn off
2. attach sensor, not in manifold
3. turn power back on, wait until led blinks fast/steady
4. push in calibration button for 3 sec. wait until it lights up continuously
5. turn off car, screw sensor into bung
6 start car
Old 10-14-2008 | 10:14 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

QUOTE (likeyoumeanit @ Oct 14 2008, 05:08 PM)

In this pic, is that your stock narrow band? The black wire on the sensor (if it's a Bosch) is the signal wire (gray is ground. I know that sounds backwards, but it's not). The white wires are for the heater. Which ever wire attaches to the black wire is your signal.
Old 10-14-2008 | 10:21 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

remember to reset the computer and check if the oxygen sensor DTC is completed. 15-30 miles of highway driving should do it.

Old 10-15-2008 | 09:15 AM

That is the stock sensor, so I'm supposed to put the narrowband output to the black wire? or is that the wire carrying the voltage to the sensor and I should attach to the grey going back to the ecu?
Old 10-15-2008 | 10:09 AM

Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

just the black wire to the output of the narrowband...
Old 10-15-2008 | 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Attach your LC-1 narrowband wire to the wire that's connected to the OEM sensor's black wire. In the pic, it looks like the yellow is the wire you want.
Old 11-01-2008 | 02:36 PM

Okay, so I finally have things all wired correctly as well as resetting my ecu and I'm still getting the heater code and the low voltage code. Again, I know how to get rid of the heater code, but my problem is after ~300 miles of highway driving I still have the voltage code. Two possibilities I came up with were that the heater circuit could somehow also cause the voltage code or that the lc-1 reset when I reset the ecu and it recalibrated itself inside the header while the engiine was running. Any insight on this would be appreciated.