Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

An Opportunity May Have Presented Itself...

Old 10-27-2007, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

But if you were to put a beta 1 head on a beta 2 block wouldnt the oil pressure be to much? The oil isnt restricted as much for the beta 2 head so be careful with that
Old 10-27-2007, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^

Yeah, see, these are the kinds of things I need to know so I can try to look them up. I'm learning as I go, and the best way that I learn is to do. Anything else anyone can think of will be helpful.

I did a little more inspection of the block a few minutes ago. We had a gasket set in stock that fits my car, so I pulled the head gasket out and laid it on the block. Then I took a 2007 Tucson head gasket and laid it on the block and compared. The only differences between the two are the sizes of some of the holes in the head gaskets for the coolant to flow through. Nothing is blocked off that shouldn't be. So it appears that using my Beta 1 head on this block may be possible after all. Now if I can answer the question of whether or not my trans will bolt up to it...

As far as the oil pressure thing, I'm pretty sure that I read the oil pressures are different on the two models, but I know that the the oil pumps are also different. As long as the oil pump that fits my car will bolt up to the block, and I don't have to use a Tucson oil pump, then I don't see the oil pressure thing being an issue. The oil pump that fits my car should give me correct oil pressure for my head on this block, right? If I'm not thinking correctly, please let me know. Like I said, I'm learning as I go.