Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Oil accumulators?

Old 12-16-2011 | 01:34 PM

Vehicle: 00 Tiburon
Default Oil accumulators?

http://www.summitracing.com/search/?...umulator&dds=1

This Moroso Oil Accumulator just might save your engine from damage by giving you 1 1/2 extra quarts of oil in reserve. Plumbed into the pressurized side of your oiling system, the Accumulator uses compressed air to force its oil reserve into your engine when the oil pressure drops below normal. When the pressure gets back to normal, that reserve oil is forced back into the Accumulator, ready for the next emergency. It can help build horsepower by allowing you to use less oil in the crankcase, reducing crank windage without the danger of engine damage due to lack of oil. You can even use the Accumulator as a manually operated pre-lubing device during startup. Includes rubber lined mounting brackets.

Any comments? Good? Bad?
Old 12-16-2011 | 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

A 2000 Tiburon will basically never need this, but it probably wouldn't hurt anything unless you messed up installing it. This is another thing one might try in a desperate search for an edge in competition, after every other power adder and weight reduction is already in place.
Old 12-16-2011 | 09:33 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

...maybe, I wouldn't trust it though. A gauge with buzzer should do the trick.
Old 12-16-2011 | 09:50 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I was going to go that route. It is a valid option and they work as advertized. I would personally get an Accusump unit but the Moroso should be fine.

I alleviated my oil starvation issues during autocross by running an extra 3/4 quart above the full mark. That was good enough to prevent ticking for a full lapping day.