Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

OBX headers, a complete kit?

Old 12-08-2003 | 10:33 AM

Yeah, I barely passed myself with just the header.
Old 12-24-2003 | 07:12 PM

what i don't understand is WHY are people trying to relocate their 2nd o2 sensor when installing a test pipe/race pipe. You're still going to get a check engine light, regardless. either extend the wires (which costs about 3 dollars, and 10 minutes of time) or just get an o2 simulator, which takes just as long to install. It's already illegal, finish the job, no sense in welding a bung onto a pipe, that is going to give you the same check engine light, because of the same problem. If you're going to lie to your ecu, do it the right way, don't make things harder for yourself.
Old 12-24-2003 | 09:09 PM

Just a simple black box that plugs into the O2 sensor wires and makes the computer think everything is running smoothly. Really though.. Cats do not waste HP like they used to back in the sevnties and early eighties.. get a good aftermarket cat and run clean.. it would be worth it in the long run if you ever get caught..

and just remember, once you start breathing, you are hooked for life.
Old 12-25-2003 | 07:01 AM

we do not have emissions testing where my car is registered in Pa either.. but morally I could not run a car without the cat.. even my fiat is getting one, even if the car did not come with one from the factory.
Old 12-25-2003 | 02:08 PM

I would think for the same price of having an emulator installed.. you could go to a shop and have a bung welded into the exhaust for the second 02 sensor.
Old 01-02-2004 | 04:18 AM

the simulator is $50, and again is for off-road use, for people who don't have a cat, period. If you have to pay someone to plug a clip into another clip which is located within arms reach, without even getting out of the drivers seat of your car.... i don't know lol

if you have a catalytic converter, there is no reason to get an o2 simulator period, just hook up your o2 sensors. having a bung welded onto your exhaust piping isn't going to cost an arm and a leg. It's all of 5 minutes of work, if that. I haven't met a tuner yet, who doesn't have some sort of muffler shop hookup, [or at least a friend who will weld for beer, lol]

I'm not going to dive into a moral debate about catalytic converters, vs. not using them, etc. Again test pipes are for off road use only. There are quite a few reasons they are not street legal.