Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

obx exhaust

Old 12-05-2002 | 06:53 AM

Default obx exhaust

does anyone know how well the obx catback fits a 2001 tib, will it bolt up or is there a lot of modification? thanks any help would be appricated.
Old 12-06-2002 | 12:12 AM

i haven't heard good things about obx's exhaust or headers. i have two of their products, and i like them. however, the exhaust and headers seem to rust (i think). give it a shot. i have the mbrp catback, which i really like. it seems to be of good quality. i've had it for almost two years with no problems.
Old 12-27-2002 | 04:51 PM

Well, there are several guy that have the OBX header for the Tib and are very happy with it.

I just got the OBX exhaust I will be installing it tomorrow. For the price you can't beat it. SSautoCrome.com sell them for $329 on their site. They sometime put them on e-bay where I got mine for $175 plus shipping.

So, If you can get it for a good price, defiantly consider it.
Old 12-28-2002 | 12:40 AM

Can you please post pictures when you get it installed and let us know how it sounds? thanks
Old 12-28-2002 | 03:22 AM

Vehicle: 99 Tib

this had been on HP.com alot check out there forums there are several that have this hyundai performance
Old 12-28-2002 | 02:38 PM

Installed my OBX exhaust today. It was a cake job, straight bolt on. Like I said before can't beat it for the price (great deal if you can find it on e-bay). It works great with my AEM intake, SR 4-1 header and UR pulley.

This is the first mod I have done that right away I noticed the performance. With my CAI header I drove a couple of day before I could say that it was pulling harder. With the exhaust I had no doubt. Maybe that had something to do with the fact I already had the above, either way it was a a great improvement.

It is LOUD! Some like that, I don't. But thankfully the included silencer does a great job silencing. I drove it without the silencer and it hurt my ears particularly in the highway.

It is a little "lossey goosey", it can hear it rattle around a little on the bumpies. I'm sure a little bit of messing with can fix this.

I would difinatly recomend it.
Old 12-29-2002 | 12:13 AM

Thanks for the review....when you say its loud, do you mean deep loud or high pitched loud? Also, does it come strait out the back or is it angled like some? Sorry for all the questions...thanks again