Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

O2 Sensor Wiring 1997 97

Old 04-19-2008, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^you are in the right direction DTN, but my friends uncle brought that up and we checked the part number on the upstream O2 and it complied with the part number listed for the front sensor.

I took the car for a spin and the rear sensor reading is just stuck at .455%. Funny thing is I know i'm 100% right on the upstream. i checked a 1997 sensor at the store, copied exactly the colors and positions what was on the plug, analyzed them with the diagram, compared the wiring to stock and all matched up flawlessly meaning both the wiring colors were correct, and my wiring was correct.

i gave the car away again, but do you know what happens if i'm on an extended emissions and have sensor codes? do they do a physical smog test so you can pass or do the tags go for good?
Old 04-22-2008, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

do you think an ECU swap could be causing the problem??

also i have a speed sensor malfunction, i think the output code. but the sensor was replaced with a new one and still the same problem. there's a short in there somewhere, but how can a short be fixed??

anyone know what happens when you fail emissions and have bills for $600+? do they waiver you or check your smog physically?