Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

ngk blue wire group buy

Old 12-11-2002, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ngk blue wire group buy

ok, here's the deal.

the wires are oem replacements, but they're ngk "blues"
they're supposed to be better than like autozone's oem's because they're ngk and they have more stuff to make them better. check out ngk's site for that stuff. www.ngksparkplugs.com

if i can get 10 people, the price is $37 + 3 ($40 shipped).
if i can get 20 people, the price is $33 + 2 ($35 shipped).

i inqured about 00 tibs, so they'll fit elantras, too. as far as what years, i don't know. i'm just not sure about the beta II's.

email me @ turbulence@hyundaiturbulence.net if you're in. if you have questions, post them here.

you must email me if you're in!!!!

[ December 12, 2002, 08:10 AM: Message edited by: turbulence ]
Old 12-11-2002, 12:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Hmm... Keep me in mind.

How thick are they? Will they fit under the Wire Cover?
Old 12-11-2002, 01:00 PM

as far as overall thickness, including insulation, i don't know. all i know is that they are of oem diameter, so i'm sure they'll fit under the cover because ngk says on their site that they make wires to fit the same way as oem, meaning length and thickness.
Old 12-11-2002, 03:23 PM

If they fit a 1998 tiburon, I'm in. I'm guessing they'd fit because the engine didn't really change from a 98 to 00.
Old 12-11-2002, 03:39 PM

These are basically stock replacement. 7mm NGK.

They will fit any Beta engine. 97-01 tiburon 97-03 elantra and the 03 4cyc tiburon.

Not really worth it unless you have not changed you stock wires in 30k miles (hyundai recommended service interval) or you like blue.
Old 12-11-2002, 03:41 PM

NGK Wire Sets
Our Spark Plug Wire Sets are built to meet stringent OEM tolerances for a variety of import vehicles

Superior Firing and Fuel Savings
Outstanding Durability
Consistent Performance
Excellent Noise Suppression
Perfect Fit for Your Car

When a spark plug fires, it creates a great deal of radio frequency interference (RFI). Uncontrolled, this can show up as static in the radio or other electronic devices, or much more seriously, in electronic ignitions, fuel injection, and engine management systems. This interference with EFI and engine management systems can cause "cross talk" between wiring harnesses resulting in poor running, misfiring and decreased performance.

NGK Resistor Spark Plug Wire Sets utilize a construction method known as "variable pitch" wire winding to create resistance to radio frequency interference. The variable pitch winding (loose/tight/loose) provides suppression throughout a very wide range by "scrambling" and breaking up the electrical waves radiated by the firing of the spark plugs.

CONSTRUCTION

A ferrite magnetic layer consisting of a mixture of rubber, plastic and powdered ferrite magnetic materials, offers uniform resistance and unsurpassed conductivity. NGK wires have a lower resistance than conventional carbon core wires (8k ohm/meter vs. 16k ohm/meter). This comparison is important to remember when you consider that many manufacturers recommend wires be replaced when the resistance exceeds 20k ohm/meter. This does not leave much margin for wear when the wire may only meet original standards at the very early stages of its life.

At the center of NGK Resistor Spark Plug Wire Sets is a fiberglass stranded core, made from the same family of materials used in bullet proof vests. This core greatly enhances the overall strength of the wire, providing a super strength backbone on which the various layers of the wire assembly are formed. The core gives protection from damage caused by the pulling strains that wires are often subjected to and that can destroy their performance.

High quality EPDM and Silicone coverings are used to resist high heat, oil and chemical damage for increased durability.

Custom designed terminal boots are always used to provide exact fit (not universal fit like other major wire manufacturers). Each NGK ignition wire is fitted with a positive locking, corrosion resistant nickel plated terminal end for tight fit and maximum resistance to vibration and separation.

NGK Wire Sets are numbered to correspond to cylinder numbers and coil wires are color coded for correct and easy installation.
Old 12-11-2002, 07:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

What's the overall consensus on these wires? I remember I was told the Nology ones are crap, how are these?
Old 12-11-2002, 10:50 PM

I just installed a set I bought from groupbuycenter.com a couple weeks ago. They look good since I was going to be going with blue in the engine bay, and perform at least as good as a new set of OEM wires. I do have to say though, that it smoothed out my idle (old OEM wires only had 15k on them).

If anyone wants pics, let me know and I'll post them so you can see how they look. Oh, and the cover does fit with them on, and they also do fit in the little clips, too.

Redzman: I don't think they mean "resistor" in the same way Nology does.

[ December 12, 2002, 05:54 AM: Message edited by: Skitzo ]
Old 12-11-2002, 11:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

I've got them on my Tib. Yes they fit in all the clips, and under the cover.
My original wires had 100,000 miles on 'em. I replaced them w/ these. Hadn't really seen a difference either way.
Like someone else said, there's probably no 'plus' to them ... unless you need to replace your wires anyway, or like the blue! (I fit both those categories. hahaha)
Old 12-12-2002, 04:08 AM

Vehicle: FX Coupe

can somebody give me a part number for these.