Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

New ECU under development... long

Old 05-31-2002 | 11:19 AM

No,

The guys at Main headquarters at Dynojet are holding things close to the chest. An automotive PC III is being released... tentatively this fall... my guess most likely for the Kae cars in Japan and possibly the Honda Civic. The don't want us tromping around in field ahead of them. Don't hold your breath on the Hyundai version.... although we could probably modify the Civic version.

Regardless, we already have the wiring diagram for the fuel control. And the guys here are reverse engineering the timing control. It would be alot easier if they just told us... but I hope they don't think that we are so stupid that we can't figure it out.
Old 05-31-2002 | 12:16 PM

Well i already have the suzuki power commander III,... and im going to actually need to use it sometime next month
Would your friend (the one that used it on the Z3), release the wiring diagram???
He did use it on his z3 right???

If not,... i guess ill have to source another ecu option frown
Old 06-01-2002 | 04:33 PM

Go to the webpage listed at the first post. He has the wiring diagram for the fuel section on it.
Old 06-02-2002 | 04:44 PM

wow,...
ok,...
this will not be as simple as i thought

Im a complete dummy when it comes to resisters

I thought that the resister part was for the timing

Using the power commander for fuel only will still be beneficial over an SAFC

Im guessing if the PC3 could trigger an CEL on a BMW,... it will more than likely trigger one on a hyundai

Is the resister part manditory for a hyundai? I know hyundais and BMW are not alike,... but neither is a suzuki bike

Would it be the same on a hyundai??? as the BMW or the suzuki *crosses fingers*

BTW the hyundai will be using high resistant injectors,... just like the bmw and the suzuki
Old 06-03-2002 | 01:18 AM

It's hard to say but I bet that the ECU for the Hyundai looks for the same return voltage from the injectors as the BMW unit.

You could try it without the resistor on one injector and see. Or you could go with the same size resistors mounted on a small board. I think that the setup will be very similar to what Shawn is using. In fact, send him an email asking for a list of parts and a complete wiring diagram of his setup and I'm sure he will help... if you ask nicely.

I am not working on this myself... I've got a real job and I don't have a Hyundai to personally test it on. The guys at the shop are fiddling with it... I will give them a call tomorrow.
Old 06-03-2002 | 04:10 AM

thanx cheuk

ill send shawn an email today

If i only use the power commander for air/fuel tuning, it will still be an advantage over an SAFC or a 5 injector unichip setup

Hopefully they can figure out all the timing mumbo jumbo
Old 06-03-2002 | 06:39 AM

Reply i got from shawn

Regarding resistors;
The resistors I used were just 100ohm 10w resistors. You can get them at Radio Shack or through any electronics supply place.

They may or may not be needed on your Hyundai. I have no idea if it performs the current checking on the injectors like my BMW does. If it doesn't do that you won't need the resistors on the Hyundai.
Regarding timing;
It won't work for my car [BMW]. The Suzuki uses a crank sensor with 8 pulses per rotation. My BMWs uses 60 pulses per rotation with the last two teeth being missing tooth. I've got a Perfect Power Uni I'm trying to get working to handle timing on my car.
Did the hyundai guys over there use resistors [if they used high resistant injectors] cheuk?
Old 06-07-2002 | 06:47 AM

for future reference;

The PCIIIs wiring color code is as follows:
blue Injector 4 in
yellow Injector 2 in
orange- Injector 1 in
green Injector 3 in

red +12 volt
gray Throttle position
black w/white Throttle position ground

white w/blue Injector 4 out
white w/orange Injector 1 out
white w/yellow Injector 2 out
white w/green Injector 3 out

The power commander isnt firing order sensitive
Old 06-07-2002 | 08:40 PM

Thanks Jaws!
Old 06-09-2002 | 04:55 PM

no problem man

By the looks of things,... i wont be able to find out all the info i need in time

I might just end up selling the power commander *which is in my closet as we speak* and just get an SAFC to control my boost application

Sorry guys,... but the whole resistor part lost me. If anyone tries this, ill be more than happy to help out in any way

Im already screwing around with the software,... i might even burn a copy, just for reference.