Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

New ECU under development... long

Old 05-07-2002 | 12:28 PM

I looked at the manual.

It looks like a nice inexpensive piggyback extra injector controller but it does not intercept the OEM injector signal. It does drive injectors based on rpm and MAP but it has no injector input signal. Therefore, OBDII and the stock ECU will not like this unit.

Nice device but not exactly what we need.

One other nice thing in the future is the "self tune" capabilites of the Power Commanders. In motorcycle use, the dynojets can be programmed to accept the wideband O2 signals and the PC III inputs. This means that with several quick runs on the dyno with a selected a/f ratio, the PC III reprograms itself to give the fuel needed for the selected a/f ratio. No brainer tuning.
Old 05-08-2002 | 02:11 PM

The Smart tuner intercepts signals going into the stock ECU.... this is standard fare for most piggyback systems. It still does not directly modify the injector signal outbound... so it still has the same issues as other piggybacks.

These guys build things cheap enough... why don't you see if they can build a outbound injector signal intercepting unit. With OBD II / III it maybe the only emissions legal / long term fuel trim avoidence way to go.
Old 05-27-2002 | 12:18 PM

cheuk,... i have already emailed you regarding a similar topic,...
i am very interested in this, has the wiring diagram shown it to be friendly to our cars?

I understand i have to purchase the Suzuki GSXR1000 version

Any ideas where i can find a nice cheap retailer ???
Old 05-28-2002 | 02:32 AM

Cheuk in Seoul:
It will drive high ohm injectors upto stock injector limits. The PC III can directly change injector pulse +/- 100% this should be able to make the adjustments.
Could this also be used with low ohm injectors??? i have the darn venom kit in there that also works through injector pulses,... im not sure if messing with the ohms will screw around with it
Old 05-28-2002 | 07:46 AM

I'm not sure if it will work with low ohm injectors... the PC III for the Suzuki was designed to run high ohm injectors... there MIGHT be others that can run low ohm injectors.

We are still waiting for the wiring diagram.. they are being a little tight fisted about this. Anyways we already have it for the fuel portion.

You should be fine for using high ohm injectors... since high ohm injectors are available upto 550 cc.
Old 05-29-2002 | 02:43 AM

thanx

im guessing you have to buy the bloody thing directly from them

oh well

ill post how it goes
Old 05-29-2002 | 09:40 AM

Jaws,

You should be able to buy the unit from any motorcycle tuner.
Old 05-31-2002 | 03:45 AM

ok cheuk i got the one i stated above

Any luck with the wiring diagram?