Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

new custom intake (pic)

Old 05-28-2002, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Beta Accent GSi
Default new custom intake (pic)

hey.. finally got around to screwing with a new intake. i really like this actaully. i could make a "cai" design, and have, but id rather have this than stick a filter down where the kore intake would put it. and im not into cutting a hole to put it out in the fender just yet... but i can pull the light out and get a nice direct induction hole (pic of that sometime)

here's some of my lights too..i never got around to takeing any till now..what the hell
Old 05-28-2002, 08:38 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

Very cool,,,,
Did you notice any gains with this setup??? smile.gif
Old 05-28-2002, 11:52 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Accent

That intake looks sweet, get great air flow with the light out. How did you do the lights? I was thinking of doing something like that but was gonna put the black on the silver light casing, if that makes sense.
Old 05-29-2002, 12:04 PM

I pass you all the time dude. What's up?
Old 05-29-2002, 12:08 PM

Grrrrr, I was going to do the same thing. lol At least I know it will work. Did the battery bolt up fine sideways like that, or did you have to modify it?
Old 05-29-2002, 03:04 PM

ah, yea the battery actaully did do fine. i was messing around with a digi cam and the battery was like gone so thats the only shot, but once we get one ofour own there will be more. i turned the battery sideways as u can see, and took the tray out, and beat the side of it flat where the battery would have to stick out over it so it would sit level. then i wasn't sure how to get it to stay, but mine at least has this little metal thing that bolts down to hold it... it just so happens that i could turn it sideways, and put the bolt in the same hole, and it bolts up snug. the only prob was the battery might slide forward, so i just took a blue bunge cord and hooked it on the tray at the back on both sides and brought it down around the front.could make a nice tie down later.. but this is free and im not winning any shows. oh, and i had to slice and lengthen the wire that goes from the ground terminal to the frame to ground it. other that that the wires could be rearranged with no problem.id had this idea in my head for quite awhile.. just never got out there and tryed it..it was even easier than id expected. my battery is rather small tho, as u can tell.

hey jeff, really? damn ive been on the lookout for u..and never noticed. is ur car pretty stock? im always looking at everything i pass when driving so thats kinda odd, but hey blow the horn sometime! anyways, ever seen that gray-brown elantra (2nd gen i think not newest one) thats got an exhaust but nothin else really? its got like a hks power badge on the back and thats it.. its always parked over in long meadow in front of bookn things/ cellular one. i noticed today its got an intercooler in the grill. can't tell if its real but that'd be so queer if its one of those fakes. anyways don't think its u cus isn't urs the newest model? just curious whothat might be tho, and is it really turbo?
Old 05-30-2002, 11:39 AM

This is my Elantra.... You can't miss it. About the Charcoal Gray Elantra, yes that is Steve and last time I talked to him he was putting a turbo on it. It is a 2000. He sold his rims to become a sleeper. He is a Tech at Cellular One.
Old 05-30-2002, 12:00 PM

oh sh!t ! haha, i was like damn.. havei never seen that car before? small town, i must have. then i realized, u work out at walmart? cus theres one with the traffik's out there ive noticed... just never put two and two together.

yea it mustbe turbo, hes got the intercooler anyway. wonder who did it/ what he used
Old 05-31-2002, 12:41 PM

Yeah I'm a manager at Wal-MArt rolleyes.gif When I talked to him he was using a Starion FMIC with either a T-25 from an Eclipse or the stock turbo off the Starion. He couldn't decide. I'll have to go check it out this weekend and see what manifold he used.......I'll let you know.
Old 05-31-2002, 03:14 PM

cool dude. id like to stop by and chill with some of u guys sometime. ..won't be this weekend tho, i graduate 13 hrs from now, 2 pm sat afternoon! yay! haha. then off to the beach on sun.. ah senior week.

thats cool tho.. he did a mod job himself. im guessing he did pistons and stuff too? or no. the intercooler didn't look that big so im guessing not that much boost, so maybe he didn't? dunno how much boost the beta can take.. not that smart yet