Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Need A Clutch That Will Handle Boost

Old 01-22-2008, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Elantra XD GT

I have a 4 puck ACT with pressure plate for sale, TOB comes with it too.... 300$ takes it all, about 5k miles on them.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:27 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

You guys need to go into a little more detail of what kind of power you're actually feeding your clutches.
I could go years on ANY clutch and 7psi. Or 2 years on a Clutchnet and 10psi. Or 5 months on a Clutchnet and 17psi. I've already done this.

Talking up a clutch means nothing when you're barely boosting or abusing it. Details.......

And I've tried them all. Every manufacturer, sprung, unsprung, 6 puck, 4 puck...............they are ALL daily driveable. Some just require a little more rev from a stop.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:36 AM

Vehicle: 2001 tiburon

Yes... I also recomend the act... I have a couple friends with boosted civics, and theirs have held up great... one civic is pushin 400 to the wheels and the clutch is doin great... ill find out more about it today. I know I dont beat my clutch or throw power at it, but I have the street disc and I Like it alot.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:03 AM
Banned

HY1-HDG6 i believe is the part number i ordered.

make SURE it is the sprung hub, not the solid hub, or you wont have fun driving.

its rated for 303ft/lbs and you can get it for less than 300$ shipped.

so far i love the clutch. i have been pretty hard on it a few times at 8 psi with no issues.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:23 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

QUOTE (KeWLKaT @ Jan 23 2008, 06:18 AM)
, TOB comes with it too....

I had read other threads that you want to get or replace the OEM throw out bearing. Am i to take it that the one from ACT will work as well?
Old 01-23-2008, 09:27 AM
Banned

i know its crazy, but thats why they call it a clutch KIT.. cuz it comes with everything you need.

o wait, the ACT TOB they send you is just for funnies, and isnt meant to work with out cars lmao.gif
Old 01-23-2008, 10:03 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

QUOTE (SOCKS @ Jan 23 2008, 10:03 AM)
make SURE it is the sprung hub, not the solid hub, or you wont have fun driving.

Have you actually driven your Tib with the unsprung clutch? You better say you have or I'm gonna b**** slap you back to newbsville for joining other people in spewing completely FICTIONAL information on an information board.

I have an ACT Stage 4 6 puck SOLID HUB kit in my car as I type this. I've been driving it for the past week to and from work every day. It actually feels BETTER than the Clutchnet sprung clutch. It is completely driveable on the streets and I don't mind it at all. I've already half-boosted it twice and it's held up fine. I'll let you know about 17psi once it's broken in a little more.

I'm really getting tired of fictional content around here. If you don't have first hand experience with the product, then don't comment on it. This "johny's girlfriends brother said this" kind of stuff is getting old.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:13 AM

Vehicle: Elantra XD GT

I agree.

The only thing the springs do is allow for a margin of error... Which shouldn't be there if you're a good driver... Which you should be anyway if you drive a FWD turbo korean car.

Never had the unsprung hubs myself, but except for the break-in period i cant imagine it being that bad (know that feeling of a brand new ceramic clutch that just grips too much at first before setttling? lol. I hate that.).
Old 01-23-2008, 10:41 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Tiburón GT

i had a 4 puck solid hub on my scoupe turbo and it was DD. you just need to rev it a lil bit more on the take off. @ 18psi of boost the only thing spinning where the tires. lmao.gif
Old 01-23-2008, 11:05 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

QUOTE (SOCKS @ Jan 23 2008, 04:27 PM)
i know its crazy, but thats why they call it a clutch KIT.. cuz it comes with everything you need.

o wait, the ACT TOB they send you is just for funnies, and isnt meant to work with out cars lmao.gif

I didn't word my question correctly. What i meant to say was:

I had read in other threads that you should only use OEM throw out bearings. I know i read something about using non OEM. I take it you are using the Throw out bearing from ACT and not having problems so.

I did sound silly...Thanks for letting me clear that up.