Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

N/A engine parts

Old 02-16-2002 | 10:43 AM

Default N/A engine parts

I am currently trying to work a deal with a engine tuner. He does rally and does work for the Audi race teams. He has never done any work on Hyundai engine. He is very willing and interested in developing one. Then I have another source outside the country that builds hyundai race engines that I am looking at also.

So far it appears that we can get good pistons and rods here in the States. The only thing we are missing are good cams, head work, headers and intake manifolds. I am trying to get a deal on headers, intake manifold, cams and a developed head. All these components will be a matched set and developed together. The R&D company outside the country gets well over 200+hp N/A. They build turbo rally and N/A rally hyundais and it is not Australia or Korea.

Here is my question, how many would seriously interested, I'm not looking for anyone to commit and what would you be willing to pay for such a package. The package would be enough to bring any Street N/A honda product to there knees.

There are plenty of headers for Hyundais out there, but it isn't like a small block to where you can throw on a set of Hooker headers and make 20hp, with a 4 cylinder it takes a lot of tuning in runner length and size to match port flow and velocity.
Old 02-16-2002 | 11:13 AM

If they would also work on the Tib V6 I would be in.
Old 02-16-2002 | 11:22 AM

For rite now, I am just working on the 4cyl. Its hard enough finding people to do R&D work on them.
Old 02-16-2002 | 11:40 AM

If the price is right, I'm definitely interested
Old 02-16-2002 | 12:05 PM

I have yet to get a firm price from the one outside the country, I may be able to get a couple of complete engines from last racing season that would need freshening up.
Old 02-16-2002 | 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

www.rpw.com.au does that kind of work, but since they are in OZ, shipping on something as large/heavy as a head would be $$$
Old 02-16-2002 | 12:19 PM

The way I was going to have it done was, just shipping heads, headers, fabricated intake manifold and cam. If I get it from the Hyundai Engine builder, it will be easy. If I get it from the Audi, Volkswagon, Mazda tuner I may have to send him a complete engine and have him dyno and tune it, which would be more money. If people could see dyno sheets for the power, then I may be able to recoup the R&D costs, by sales. I am going to try to shoot for a 2200.00 or less cost for the system.
Old 02-16-2002 | 06:00 PM

HRD,

Before getting too involved in this venture, I would recommend asking around the Australian Hyundai scene.

I believe that there is a company who has completely redesigned and built a NEW Beta head.(not a reworked stock head). I don't know all the specifics yet. It is either in testing or just starting to be produced. Champion is trying to get a head / cam set made for us as a bolt on NA upgrade.
Old 02-16-2002 | 06:03 PM

Ooops.

Also there is a couple of shops here making high flow enlarged intake manifolds... around $450.. shop price..
Old 02-16-2002 | 07:49 PM

I have emailed you Cheuk, to get some info.