Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

My project engine questions?

Old 10-31-2002 | 04:43 AM

turbulence:
if i'm not mistaken, random, don't betas suck for n/a period?
Yeah, but you try to keep up the maintance on a SC or Turbo on a daily driver that sees about 550 miles a week! "No wonder it's burning oil"! rolleyes.gif

Random:
The SAFC is not "needed" but it is "reccomended"
OIC, Thanks.
Old 10-31-2002 | 11:38 PM

The Beta is not that bad (n/a) comparatively speaking...it doesn't have VVT, but hey...you can het uparound 150-160whp with all the timmings...thats not that bad. Just as good as most hondas n/a right?
Old 11-01-2002 | 12:27 AM
Red

I've seen Honda B18C's make 200 wheel horsepower N/A, and I've even seen a B20VTEC (B20 out of the CRV with a B16 VTEC head swapped on) make 230 wheel horsepower N/A.

Honda motors have significantly more normally aspirated potential than we do. Their engine benefit from a shorter stroke, longer rod and a much better developed cylinder head.

The variable valve timing, believe it or not, is more for economy than power. You put a relatively radical cam into a normal car and it will suck gas for the 85% of the time you drive normally. Think about it wink