Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

My Car Is Goin Turbo!

Old 11-15-2007 | 04:35 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

that's a beautiful present but i have to be really honest here and warn you if your engine is to be turboe'd you need to spend a lot more cash than that. if you want your engine to live long then you'll have to get your engine parts replaced. next, you're going to have to upgrade fuel pump/rail, buy intercooler + piping, take apart your entire car like tanc and fit the piping, tap into the oil pan (pain in the ass if done amateurely), have a tuning shop nearby that can easily tune your performance, buy larger injectors. total to get it working right is about $4,000, without professional tuning shop fees, dyno costs $100 per test.

i suggest you leave your car alone and start small.
Old 11-15-2007 | 04:55 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

From someone who's turbocharged and been through it all with it..I strongly suggest you or your boyfriend to learn about turbos, read Maximum Boost by Corky Bell and search.

Your going to need more then just a turbo, and your boyfriend has to know what he's doing or else your not going to have a car. Seriously. A lot of people get into turboing their cars and dont realize how much they will have to spend in the long run. Most give up once they realize it.

Take my advice and others on here...start small and dont turbo until you know what your doing and you've got cash saved up for tuning and repairs. Because breakdowns will happen. Once your all set..get a daily driver. You'll need one.
Old 11-15-2007 | 11:18 PM

heh sorry everyone, i was MISINFORMED! it is not a turbocharger, (i thought something looked silly when i first saw it!) it is a supercharger! silly misspoken bf lol, ah he says the wrong things sometimes.
he have had experience with installing turbo and supercharges before, its just that he's not a pro yet. but since all cars are different, we are talking about tiburon here, and any background feed would be GREAT!
Old 11-16-2007 | 12:03 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

Before people start going again, it's not a supercharger either, it's one of those electric "supercharger" thingies (she mentioned it in the shoutbox)
Old 11-16-2007 | 12:08 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Oh god.... I thought you said your bf knew what he was doing? Or has he been installing these like hotcakes lol?
Old 11-16-2007 | 12:20 AM

another thing to add, its TMC brand, and its electric, mustn't forget to inform everyone the precious info, if im forgettin to add anything else, please just post and i'll reply here as soon as i noticed it! thankees
luv foxxy

QUOTE (tanc @ Nov 16 2007, 01:08 AM)
Oh god.... I thought you said your bf knew what he was doing? Or has he been installing these like hotcakes lol?

well like i mentioned, he has installed these (or so he said he has) before, but all cars are different, he had never installed one on a tiburon before, or rather, he had never touched a tiburon before i bought mine. He found a site that is a sort of walk-through for him on installing the electric supercharger, but i'd thought to go ahead n ask here if anybody got any hint or advice for him to help him out a bit and watnot lol
if anybody want, i can post the walk-through that he saved onto the computer in this thread, this way, if you see anything that doesn't look right then post it!
Old 11-16-2007 | 12:30 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

Advice: Throw it in the trash. 02.gif

02.gif 02.gif 02.gif 02.gif
Old 11-16-2007 | 12:31 AM

QUOTE (Kantizuni @ Nov 16 2007, 01:30 AM)
Advice: Throw it in the trash. 02.gif

02.gif 02.gif 02.gif 02.gif

throw the walk-through away? heh ok ......
Old 11-16-2007 | 12:32 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

No, the electric gizmo. If it is what I think it is, throw it away and tell him to get you a real present..
Old 11-16-2007 | 12:33 AM

the walk through is by hyper tune