Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

My aliminum crank pulley

Old 10-13-2004 | 07:07 AM

Default Re: It's my birthday!

QUOTE (CyberShark)
Really, I read somewhere a few yeas back where someone dynoed their car and posted that they had recieved 1 to 2hp from it.

thats because there is less loss through the drivetrain and dyno hp ratings are taken at the wheels. You "gain" hp because you dont lose as much as you would if you had a heavier pulley
Old 10-13-2004 | 07:08 AM

Default Re: My aliminum crank pulley

Kinda like changing the exhaust..it dosn't give any more power it frees up what you already have. gottcha..hey Dweet, Im gonna send you a PM on a different topic.
Old 10-13-2004 | 07:15 AM

Default Re: My aliminum crank pulley

lol no exhaust is different because it doesnt really free anything up. it provides less backpressure which is good for a NA engine but no backpressure at all is bad. thats how its different.

what im thinking is if this guy can make a crank pulley, he needs to make other pulleys and sell them smile.gif

could make some money that way
Old 10-13-2004 | 04:32 PM

Default Re: nology hotwirez

It would be a good idea to sell some Billy. Decent side money and you already have some people interested.
Old 10-13-2004 | 05:42 PM

Vehicle: Hyosung GT650
Default Re: for your viewing pleasure

Good job mang, You should feel the engine rev more freely with that lighter pulley 8)
I'll get around to making some for mine 1 day wink.gif
Old 10-13-2004 | 08:34 PM

Default Re: Semi Convertable RD?

heh didnt realize so many people responded since i last checked. Yeah i think it helped it rev a bit quicker but its not that noticable. However i did that a cold air intake, a short shifter, and a 1.8L intake cam this weekend after i made the pulley, and the tib is haulin ass. Dunno if my dad would be up for makin that many, hes really the brains, im the grunt and tool gopher. I can do some stuff on his cnc machines though.
Old 10-14-2004 | 03:43 PM

Default Re: Semi Convertable RD?

you ran into the same problem I did.. I installed my UR Underdrive pulley along with the 1.8 intake cam.. no idea which made the bigger difference in the car.

I can say this though.. I just had the chance to take a friend's fiat spider out for a ride for my birthday (as mine is in pieces and I needed a "fix") I am embarissed to say, I stalled the car half a dozen times trying to get it rolling.. Such a light and easy to rev car.. there is little momentium to keep the engine turning when you engage the clutch.. that is how I want my tib to be.. gotta install the lighterflywheel when I do the clutch.
Old 10-14-2004 | 10:10 PM

Default Re: grinding in second

i dont call that a problem man, the tib is runnin like a champ...if the rain holds off around back home by cinci im takin her to the strip. again....lol