Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Motoria Intake Manifold

Old 09-24-2008, 04:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 2.0lse Coupe/tiburon

wow! iv just seen the dyno results! what a loss!

to be fair though, the V6 version does look like a box with runners, as someone mentioned above.

Being from the UK myself, i spoke to PerformanceCoupe about this product for the beta1. he was sure that the motoria wouldnt fit to the beta 1. he wouldnt even entertain giving me a quote for it! so if simply plugging up the MAP sensor and drilling a hole or too is all thats needed, then i may have another look at it.

im currently dyno testing alot of gear for the guys in the UK, im booked up from now til November with new cams, and ecu testing. but i may be interested in testing this. although, i would much rather try and grab an Air-ram.

one other thing, that V6 version.... why was it called an ''IMotoria'' as oppsosed to ''Motoria'' ? has someone tried to do a cheap copy possibly? or have they added the 'I' as its model specific?

Aaron
Old 09-24-2008, 06:16 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

^^^
Good points all around my man. PerformanceCoupe obviously knows nothing, as that manifold will bolt right up. One hole for the TB will need drilled and tapped if not there, and a cover plate made for the Map sensor hole (the OP in this thread doesn't have a map sensor hole in his...). Let him know he's a moron, would you?

Good catch on the IMotoria thing, I'm thinking it could be like that too.

Maybe you can compare the pictures on the ACTUAL Motoria site I listed with the ones from this thread and the NT thread?

To the other guy, Motoria isn't known for that here, HERE, they are known for making quality exhausts, and probably the sturdiest strut bar made for our cars.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:10 AM

Motoria is becoming a known brand in the UK scene, but only through advertising. very few have made purchases.

OOO! STOP PRESS : iv just remembered, a guy with a 2.0l beta2 has actualy just bought one of these back here! il have to chase him up, see if its been fitted yet...

anyway, having had a 2nd look, both images of the 4pot and 6pot have 'IMotoria' branded on them, i missed that the 1st time. however, PerformanceCoupeUK has got a 3rd picture, with his shadow in the picture, so obviously when he got it out of the box : http://www.performancecoupe.co.uk/Gen3Coup...akeManifold.htm and it shows no 'IMotoria' at all. but then, it does look the same.

having read a little deeper into NT comments, the new runners actualy had a reduced internal diameter! thats terrible! plus with the leak too, thats just poor!

Now, has anyone seen a picture of the NGM design? it looks the same, however, NGM have reduced the size of the box, in favour of longer runners. (common IM theory says thats a good thing) are their any dynos on the NGM from NT? may be worth a scout.

Redz Man: ''Let him know he's a moron, would you?'' - im afraid he is not my usual supplier, far too expensive compared to our other options here. but if i do catch up with him, il let him know! laugh.gif

il see if i can chase up the UK guy about his Motoria manifold hes got.....

Aaron

aha, just got hold of him....

He hasnt got the Motoria: he has the 'Overboost' Intake Manifold. you guys know of them?

PerformanceCoupe used to sell them, but he has just sold out (just been confirmed)

iv tried a google, but i cant find an Overboost supplier.

??

Aaron
Old 09-24-2008, 09:59 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

QUOTE (EnglishTib @ Sep 24 2008, 09:10 AM)
OOO! STOP PRESS : iv just remembered, a guy with a 2.0l beta2 has actualy just bought one of these back here! il have to chase him up, see if its been fitted yet...

il see if i can chase up the UK guy about his Motoria manifold hes got.....

looks like the user you were talking about is thedupleman, he is a member here too. Since Aug 22 he may have had a chance to install the intake but who knows....I'll PM him and see if I can't get him to peek in here and give us some insight

http://forums.hyundaicoupe.info/viewtopic.php?t=13345

QUOTE (EnglishTib @ Sep 24 2008, 09:10 AM)
PerformanceCoupe used to sell them, but he has just sold out (just been confirmed)

he still says he has them in stock on his website but this Performance Coupe guy seems like a real jackass that just pushes parts and knows very little. He claims gains without showing a dyno or anything. Here's a link to his website http://www.performancecoupe.co.uk/Gen3Coup...akeManifold.htm
Old 09-25-2008, 01:12 AM

Capn tibs: noo, when i said it was out of stock... i was talking about the ''Overboost'' IM, not the Motoria!

and the Dupleman, who indeed was the guy i was talkin about, HASNT got the Motoria IM, he has the last of PerformanceCoupes 'Overboost' IM.

i spoke to him yesterday, he hasnt had it fitted yet.
The overboost manifold has been taken off the website, but i seem to remember it largely resembled the design of the Motoria. but i cant be sure.

Aaron