Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Motoria Intake Manifold

Old 09-19-2008, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

it almost looks like they just took the motoria badge and welded it on. or else it would be directly imprinted and if it was welded the welds would be a lot cleaner.

mad_john, do you know why exactly the airram company went out of business? why if there was such demand for it, and why did it initially cost so damn much? those parts for other cars cost $230-$300-$400 range at least.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

If you guys are going to post, read the damned thread folks. Or at least look at the links.

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Sep 19 2008, 10:34 AM)
didn't even know that existed! looks like a custom job to me. if kfx would bring those over it would be a great solution however with the scene dispersing i think it wouldn't be worthy.

i've only heard of motoria through ebay and importshark. i wonder why these haven't hit our shores. if they had the right contacts they could make some good cash. there are plenty of people in europe, U.S. and Canada who are in dire need.

i wonder if this thing is smoother on the inside than the airram.

It's not a custom job, look at the links, they make them for several cars on their site.

As for being smoother on the inside... WTF? LOL

QUOTE (Mad_john @ Sep 19 2008, 11:23 AM)
i have never seen it eather. and that could be one of 2 resions 1 its crap and the koreans dont use shit. 2 they dont make it anymore.

also for the record the "AIRRAM" company went out of business years ago.. anyone claming they have access to them if full of shit.or its a china knock off..

also look closer at it. how the hell do you mount the fuel rail?? with cable ties

The one in his picture (OP) doesn't have anything, but the ones I linked to do. Could be that the person that bought the one mentioned in this thread didn't get the mounts put on so he could do something custom. Never know. The ones in the site I linked to show the fuel rails bolted on from what I see. If not, not like it's hard to do.

Motoria has been around for quite some time now, I have their strut bar, and it's very VERY high quality. I've liked everything of theirs I've seen. I can believe they'll still make them if we want them.

I'll get in touch.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:09 PM

ok, sounds like alot of help. thankx. especially RED ZMAN. im still a rookie at this. lol ok. i will take pictures of the inside of it tonight. i will post them in here. when i put my fingers in the ports. they felt really smooth. hp gains??? well it should work as well as Airram. i will get the pix of it. it will be later on aroun 1000 to 1030pm pacific time. if not they will be here as soon as i get home. (car club is having beer pong) hail.gif lol
Old 09-19-2008, 07:04 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Would be sweet it KFX could get these for a good price. I would settle for Beta 2 for sure.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:53 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Apparently the V6 one is a waste of money.

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=124255

Never mind on the offer. Until someone does a dyno on this one I would be skeptical of any horsepower claims.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:19 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

The V6 one is poorly designed, and the ONE that was ever bought that I knew of had a leak.

I trust most of the "knowledge" at NT as I do a hooker with blisters.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:36 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

I would definitely want to see dyno results for this though.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:34 PM
Banned

and whats to say this one is designed worth a damn?

it 'looks' nice, but it also just looks like its a box for a plenum and some runners. and whats with the plenum extending a few inches past the last runner?

pics of the inside would be nice also to see if they have the 'velocity stack' style transitions, or just tube welded to plenum..
Old 09-20-2008, 02:04 PM

Vehicle: 2000

I agree with socks on this one for the time being. Yea it may look better than stock but looks dont mean a whole lot compared to performance. The only way to find out would be a dyno test which is not likely to happen from this forum seeing as money always is tight with people here.

Redz if you go back and read the New Tiburon thread the manifold didnt have a leak. The guy testing reused a gasket and that was the cause of leaking. He went back and fixed it before proceding with the dyno. Saying you dont trust what is said on NewTiburon doesnt make a whole lot of sense(at least with info givin in thread). they have the dyno proof right there showing a power loss of 10whp. I would still love to see the 4 banger one dyno'd since it is a completly different part, but from looking at the 6 cyl option i am not going to put much faith in it till i see proof.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:26 PM

Vehicle: 2005/hyundai/accent gt

it looks cool. but probably dosnt do shit. this company has been know to make nice looking manifolds, that dont do much.

i guess the only way to know is the dyno