Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

More Tranny Help!

Old 10-22-2005 | 11:13 PM

Hey guys, it's 10pm saturday night, I've been doing a manual tranny pull for the last day and a half, and I'm almost done pulling it (it's been nothing but one problem after another). I need some help really quick though, I'm to the point where I have to disconnect the Tie Rod End, Lower Arm Ball Joint and Driveshaft so I can finish up with the pull. My question is how do I go about pulling the Driveshaft? Webtech isn't very explanatory as to how to do this, and I need to get this step done in order to move on. I'll probably just move on to my next steps while I'm waiting for an answer, but I need help with the Driveshaft pull. Any suggestions/commentary/donations of beer would be much appreciated, thanks!
Old 10-23-2005 | 12:14 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

to remove the half shaft you need to put a prybar between the transmission and the half shaft and pry it out
Old 10-23-2005 | 12:17 AM

Do I have to disconnect anything at the tire to get it to pry out?
Old 10-23-2005 | 12:56 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

you need to first remove the large nut holding the axle in the hub
sometimes the axle wil lstick quite hard inside the hub, put a block off wood to protect the treads then hammer it out a bit around a 1/2"
next,you can either remove the ball joint and tie rod end from the spindle or simply remove the 2 bolts holding the spindle to the shock absorber(17mm)
you'll have to "move around" the spindle a bit to give you space so you can remove the axle from the hub itself
when tha tis done, use the pry bar trick to get them out of the trans

BTW,
empty the tranny oil BEFORE playing with the axles.. (large plug/bolt on the bottom portion of the trans case) if not then you're in for a nice mess

i hope my explanaitions makes sence