Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

More Tib Problems

Old 11-04-2005, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i agree i've had my tib for 4 years & haven't had a problem on it unless i contributed to it.... besides maintenance, i've had 0 factory faults.... & i feel that an alternator can be considered a wear item, cause they don't seem to last forever
Old 11-04-2005, 04:43 PM

See the thing is i have just had bad luck with this car sense i got it, it might be just me idk, i just now finish taking apart the transmission and putting new clutch discs in it, from where they burnt out,another reason i wanna get rid of it cause i miss having a manual transmisson lol but anyways the car doesn't click at all when i try to turn it over, the open door indicator light is on when i put the key in and everything but when i try to start it the light fades, its just not getting any juice to power it, after i jump start it the car will stay running until i turn it off or cut the headlights on, and the bad part is im at work right now, and im gonna need my headlights to drive home but thats not happening, so idk, im gonna go to advance autoparts tommarow morning when i come pick up the car and get them to test my battery and alternator. hopefully its just something simple thanks for all the help fellas

Josh
Old 11-04-2005, 05:36 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Dude, once again..it is the alternator.
There's NO other reason (especially a bad battery, lol?) that your car would die RUNNING when the headlights (or anything else which consumes lots of power) is turned on.

FYI, I got my altnernator rebuilt for $75.

Did you ever have subs in your tib? A system without a capacitor would put extra strain on your alternator.

Wait, so you replaced the clutch...but you say you miss having a 5spd?? That doesn't really make sense.. Also, a clutch is another one of those wear and tear common replacement items, if you suck at driving stick and burn it a lot, that's what's going to happen. Just like if you brake hard/drive fast you'll have to replace tires/brake pads more often.

Hey, if you have an automatic tib I don't blame you for wanting to get rid of it. I got rid of mine, just chose to buy another 5spd tib insetad.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:47 PM

no i said the clutch disc inside the tranmission burnt out there are 3 carbon and 2 steel disc in the transmisson that shift the gears, that is what i replaced, idk if i can get everything doing right, put some, money and effort into replacing a lot of things and get it running good i might keep it or at least sell it and get a manual
Old 11-04-2005, 06:17 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

I'd definitely sell it and get a manual. Auto tib = pointless to mod, unless purely for show.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:31 PM

thats what i will prolly do, i hate just riding i like having something to do while driving besides just pushing the gas petal and brake
Old 11-04-2005, 06:39 PM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

"in a deep voice from the hevens"

korean alternatoes suck ass, my children"

if you want a new oem one give me a pm

ok now its your alt and battey
if you change only use oem
and an opimina batt had mine for 4 years now

0 problems
Old 11-04-2005, 06:58 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (OneBadtib97 @ Nov 4 2005, 06:31 PM)
gas petal and brake

PeDal young grasshoppa, peDal...
Old 11-04-2005, 08:28 PM

QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Nov 5 2005, 01:58 AM)
PeDal young grasshoppa, peDal...

would be hard to get any where with 2 feet pedaling horsepower, guess i need some passengers

well i was able to jump start the car with the headlights already on and made it home ok, tried to start it again when i got home and once again completely dead, plan on going to autozone in the morning and get them to test everything, thanks for all the help fellas lata

josh
Old 11-05-2005, 10:08 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

battery sounds like it's dead & the alternator is struggling to keep it alive... really wish you could check how much voltage the alternator is putting out while the car is running.